Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
tcl
Silver
Silver

My second GTV-6

Post by tcl »

Purchased last May as a replacement for a GTV-6 that I sold six years earlier (also silver). Work done since the purchase included some mechanical repairs, floors replaced (one of the jacking points was weakened by rust), replaced the Benzoni wheels with Campagnolos, and installed Dunlop SP Sport A2 Plus tires.

The car has ANSA center pipes and muffler. The muffler looks to be on the verge of needing replacement. I’ve been constantly going back and forth about whether to go back to the stock exhaust system or stay with the full ANSA set up. I prefer the stock system’s sound but know that some people with the ANSA center pipes report a performance gain. Still not sure what to do.

Last edited by tcl on Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

keep the center pipes and just change out the rear muffler to something more stock..it "should" quiet it a little bit and give you the a happy medium
tcl
Silver
Silver

Post by tcl »

sh0rtlife wrote:keep the center pipes and just change out the rear muffler to something more stock..it "should" quiet it a little bit and give you the a happy medium
I hadn't considered that option. Might be worth a try.
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

those "straight pipes" wont likely need to be replaced for a VERY long time unless they get alot of road rash.....the muffler itself on the other hand collects water and eventualy rots out.....mine had to be replaced ...i dont recall what we replaced it with but it was something off the shelf....i noticed no real differance in power but an ever so subtle quite down and a more pleaseing tone

i saved the old ansa muffler to cut it open and see if my fabrication skills can rebuild it or duplicate it for something fun/different to do
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Very nice! I'll take a guess that it's an ... '84 no '85. ... no I'll wager it's an '84. Silver is a great color :D

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
tcl
Silver
Silver

Post by tcl »

GregoryV wrote:Very nice! I'll take a guess that it's an ... '84 no '85. ... no I'll wager it's an '84. Silver is a great color :D

GV
Thanks. It's an 84. I think the repaint done by the previous owner must have covered up the dark grey lower body color.
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Wow! When I look at this sublime beauty I am reminded of my father's silver '83 (he would have loved your well-kept garage, too!).

I am sure it is in great hands :)

Enjoy.

David
tcl
Silver
Silver

Post by tcl »

SlewofDamascus wrote:Wow! When I look at this sublime beauty I am reminded of my father's silver '83 (he would have loved your well-kept garage, too!).

I am sure it is in great hands :)

Enjoy.

David
Thanks.