Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Kevin, the headers you made me are a perfect fit and no problems with leaking flanges, would however love to know exactly what you mean.
Thanks
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Lennart, I had problems at the bottom flange where the three pipes join into the down pipe( 50 - 60mm pipe) to go past the sump. Because the flange surface area was mot very wide i got a small air leakage which resulted in blowing the gasket so I remade the bottom flanges on laser with a slight insert in the direction of the flow to stop this. Main problem is that only two studs hold this flange as there is no space.
I will put pics up on exhaust thread tomorrow.
Ciao
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Hi Lucass, a forced induction motor is very reliable if you got the correct cooling under the hood, timing set up and regular oil chainges. My Dad had the highest mileage Alfa super turbo in our club with nearly four hundred thousand km on the clock over ten years. Believe it or not. Turbo was replaced three times, head off once to remove manifold studs otherwise no other issues. The car mainly travelled long distances at a time over South Africa to our construction sites(norally in the middle of now where).
If was you I would go with the super charge route and if you wanted more and got the know how take your 2.5 up to 2.8 using3.0L pistons and sleeves(boring block).
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

One of the pics Andrew took of Roberto Giordanelli in my original GTV3.0l.
This car has never been touched, note the high ground clearance.
Andrew took a whole bunch of great pics of an assortment of Alfas on the track that day including the Glenwood 3.7.
Hopefully he will put them up or let us know what mag they will be especially the Carabeneri Giulia.
Attachments
IMG_9338.jpg
IMG_9338.jpg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 11522 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Its interesting how technology has chainged ones approach to motoring. My wife(also ex kart racer) and I took the GT diesel and the GTV3.0l(original) on a small trip to the bush which has a lot of twisting winding roads to get there. Thank goodness the old carb GTV was quicker on acceleration and only just!
From 150km to 200km/h the GT diesel is extremely strong (that 300nm of torque) which makes it fun to drive through the passes. The only problem with the diesel is that you chainge gears at least twice when passing someone which doesnt let you settle down and get into a good driving rythm through 40km of twisting corners as in this case. This is where the GTV came into its own.
A decision had to be made which car had to be taken into the Kruger Park and it was obviously the GT. Note the Kruger Park is bigger than the United Kingdom and only a 40km speed limit with only one garage in it so rather than running out of fuel with those petrol sucking carbs and poor aircon , we went with technology and refinement.
I would never have done this fifteen years ago.
Two pics to follow. Nearly got stood on by an elephant , not sure which car would have been better off in!!
Attachments
Img_1714.jpg
Img_1714.jpg (149.88 KiB) Viewed 11291 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Dodging Ellies!!
Attachments
Img_1737.jpg
Img_1737.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 11287 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some where in the Kruger Park. Should not really get out of the car. (plenty lions). Awsome trip if anyone is planning on comming out here. No where for hi-jackers to hide here.
Attachments
Img_1736.jpg
Img_1736.jpg (94.47 KiB) Viewed 11284 times
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

:roll: wow, sunning Alfas in the wild!
P.S what are the odds that bad ass Hijackers will pick on an Alfa :wink:
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Kevin, I really enjoyed those posts. Since we don't have newer Alfas here, and never had Alfa diesels it's always exciting to hear about them from an enthusiast point of view. That's quite an exciting Alfa adventure you took, and I would have taken the newer car into the park to.
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Jeez Kev,
Great piccies! You said you had a few ALfas, and you weren't lying!!!

Cant believe youve managed to fab. all this stuff up yourself!!!!! nuts
Fixing it bit by bit....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Jules, how you doing ? Hows the the 'screamer' (your car) , are you still scaring the Jap cars?
My wife in Sydney at the moment enjoying your great country. She staying at my sisters place where you and Ben dropped me off. As the saying goes 'while the cats away - its been a two week Alfa frenzy of finishing a tiresome 3.7 24v, fine tuning the race car, and putting the other 3.2 24v into race spec for next month. Just a few pics for update.
Attachments
IMG_1911resize.jpg
IMG_1911resize.jpg (96.28 KiB) Viewed 10011 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Complete 3.7 24v. Justing making the new plennum.
Attachments
IMG_2390.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG (60.52 KiB) Viewed 10008 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Barry, thanks for belt tensioner.
Attachments
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG (68.7 KiB) Viewed 10009 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Standard 2.5 with RS kit , semi slicks on widened rims. Best fun to drive in race conditions . No extra power to help out when you make mistakes but very competitive in the middle of the field. Car is usually covered in sponsors stickers but I remove them after each race.
Attachments
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG (58.63 KiB) Viewed 10008 times
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

My goodness, when i saw the first the photo i was like, "Thats what i want!" A driveway full of alfa's! :D

Indeed they are in amazing condition :wink:

Through this website its amazing to see how many of us love these cars from every corner of this globe we sit on 8)

Now i will read rest of threads, once i saw first photo just had to post!

Great pics, thankyou very much!!