Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
chambo
Silver
Silver

Hello from South OZ

Post by chambo »

Hey guys, great forum.

Well I've finally bought my first Alfa, a 1983 GTV6. Loved these cars ever since my old man used to take me out to the local Alfa club track meets.

A few things I've noticed and would like to ask.

1. The plastic side guards seem to have shrunk. They are fully attached at the wheel guards but do not meet in the middle. Is this common? Is there a Zender side skirt and are they readily available in Australia?

2. The outer window seals also seemed to have shrunk as they don't go the full length of the window and I would like to restrict any unwanted water in the doors. Can they be easily replaced?

3. The rear side windows are supposed to be fixed (I assume) but mine move around and I can even move it to expose a couple of mm gap. Could this be attributed to the above outer seal question I had or is there another way to fix this?

Other than that she's a beaut! Sounds awesome (PACE extractors) and looks good too. Very minimal rust and very straight. Hope I can keep her that way.

Cheers
Attachments
ALFA (seats).jpg
ALFA (seats).jpg (81.51 KiB) Viewed 5430 times
ALFA (rear).jpg
ALFA (rear).jpg (109.87 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
ALFA (front).jpg
ALFA (front).jpg (132.4 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
ALFA (dash).jpg
ALFA (dash).jpg (83.89 KiB) Viewed 5433 times
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

sweet gtv6..i envy you guys with RHD cars

my seals on my gtv6 are about 1 inch to short too..
OzMidnight
Silver
Silver

Post by OzMidnight »

sh0rtlife wrote:sweet gtv6..i envy you guys with RHD cars
May I ask why? We have a 13kg horrible booster linkage...lol

And yes, great GTV....love the colour.
Non Illigitimi Carborundum
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

mostly cause i love the way RHD cars look..and contemplate converting atleast 1 of my cars to RHD for fun
Storm_X
Silver
Silver

Post by Storm_X »

where abouts in adelaide ?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Chambo,

Welcome to the Forum.

Short window seals are very common. They are like that from the factory. Replacing them is a nightmare if not impossible to get same profile. It is possible to cast extensions by using polyurethane but I would have to write a book to tell you how.

The plastic lower skirts were also cast short by the factory. Typically about a 12-15mm gap. I have placed a bubber joiner seal there to fill the gap and make it appear to be a delibarate join. Works visually better than the large gap.

If you are not a member already, I suggest you join the Alfa Club in Adelaide for tons help, info and fun.

http://www.alfaclubsa.org.au/

Contact Andrew Scadding for tech info :

competitionsecretary[-at-]alfaclubsa.org.au

Cheers
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Pic of your rubber extension there Mike ?? :wink: :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Pic of your rubber extension there Mike ?? :wink: :D :D
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.