Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Alfa GTV6 UK
Silver
Silver

Uneven Idle & Stutter

Post by Alfa GTV6 UK »

My GTV6 in the UK ran rich (little black smoke), had an unsteady idle, revs dropped a little when pressing the throttle from idle then revs went up as normal and sometimes missed at cruising or on fast acceleration and was down on power. Fault traced to faulty Bosch temp. sensor on front of engine. Replaced this and all problems disappeared. It looks like the sensor was telling the ECU the engine was cold.
Car is in fabulous condition with only a genuine 18,000m on the clock. It was made in 1986. I am also lucky to own a new GTV V6 3.2 24V and that is great as well. I still prefer the sound of the GTV6. Both put a smile on my face as you drive and look at them.
The new GTV handles much better but the ride is worse.
Attachments
DSCF0021.JPG
DSCF0021.JPG (144.64 KiB) Viewed 5199 times
DSCF0243.JPG
DSCF0243.JPG (69.56 KiB) Viewed 5198 times
Plastic Pig
Silver
Silver

Post by Plastic Pig »

Nice 8) . I have two similar beasts in my garage, so I know how lucky you are. Happy motoring.
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

Wow :P
Both Gtv's Looks Grate!
The older GTV6 looks like New, Is it realy that Good as it looks on this picture, was it restored or kept original inside garage or something ?
Is it in rust free condition? Very rare for UK if so...
Last question if I may- Is it a standart GTV6 with original tire size, original springs\bushings\torsion bars\shocks etc ... ?

Sorry for the Milion questions
:oops:
Alfa GTV6 UK
Silver
Silver

Post by Alfa GTV6 UK »

Older GTV is all original with no restoration apart from new exhaust (original type), Koni dampers, new tyres (original size) and normal servicing parts. Paint is original and the only rust is a tiny bit at the bottom of the rear window and a small bit on a side door. It drives like new and should do since it only has done 18000m (28,800km).
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

WOW again!! :shock: Never ever in my life saw or hear of any GTV in this condition and with this extremly low original miles, i realy envy you :oops:
She's a buty!! take Good care of her :P

p.s
Was she kept in garage all this years ? well...Hope she will always be garaged so she'll stay perfect.
8)