Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
nisaar
Gold
Gold

South African Alfa's

Post by nisaar »

This is my Favorite car I restored it with a couple of mods it has a south African 3.0 lay out with the rims front spoiler and stiping but I prefer the 2.5 engine much smoother and lighter on petrol it gives me 11 kms per liter which is damn good for a v6 of its age these pics were taken in johannesburg first snow in 20 years and it started on the first turn although our cars are tuned for hot conditons. Im currantly working on a 159i or as some of you know it as the alfetta sedan Tell me what you guys oh and by the way theses are south african standard rims they came on the 3.0's

and let me know what you think bout this car I will post when my next progect is done
Attachments
120.jpg
120.jpg (120.39 KiB) Viewed 9931 times
180.jpg
180.jpg (180.25 KiB) Viewed 9930 times
224.jpg
224.jpg (209.3 KiB) Viewed 9931 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Nisaar,sweet little car..remember to breath when you type.. :wink:

What are you doing to the 159i? I had one for years and it was finally sold with the 30l turbo in it..
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

there once was this guy called James Joyce ...he used to write in one long sentence........
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

:shock: Well Brad, the 159 is a restoration job, its been lying in the sun with the doors open for about 15 years. I paid R2000 for it which is about $285.
I already have a replacment boot lid and bonnet and a set of standard GTV6 rims the 15" campagnatura the car is booked for spray painting on the 1st of August.
Will post pics of the work in progress :twisted:
As far as the engine goes Im ripping the bosch system off and fitting the Go tech System.
I am also installing really long ratio gear box which does about 120kph at 2500 Rpm so this car will have really long legs he he he. :P

I Have a bad case of alfaness I have only owned alfas my whole life
never drove anything else.

My other car was a 3.0 gtv with fuel injection
with a short gearbox the zero to 100 kph was 5.5 seconds.
List of cars raced against
BMW 325is
Mercedes C300 AMG
VW VR6
and wiped the floor with all of them
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

Welcome to the GTV6 site Nisaar.Where in Joburg are you based ? Your Alfa looks good. :D

You should try hooking up with us for a Track Day sometime ? Get to drive that Milanese monster the way it was intended to be... :twisted:

Man do I remember the snow.It was frikken freezing that morning. :shock:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

Fernando

Im in the South Robertsham side I went to he last show they had at Kayalami that was kewl. Where about are you ?
Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

I am based in Wilgeheuwel which is next to Ruimsig.

Pity we missed each other at the Kyalamy day.That was fun I agree.It was also the first time I got to drive the 3.6 on a pukka race track. :D

I will keep you posted as to the next Super Trax day I will be doing.
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
ian 159
Silver
Silver

Post by ian 159 »

NISAAR!!! :D

I've got a 159i too, a gold one. Standing for 3 years already in my mom's garage of all places. I'm in the process of collecting parts for it's revival: New racing seats x 4; new Borgo piston and sleeve kit, new camshafts from International Auto (approx. 115kW with these special VIVT cams if fitted with 3 angle swirled valves and chipped), new free-flo exhaust system, cone airfilter, etc...

I've had a bodykit fabricated, and that will be fitted as well: Flared fenders and wheel arches, GTV6 3.0 type power bulge, discreet lip on the trunk lid, Alfa 75 Milano styled front airdam and subtly side skirts...

Currently I have a set of deep dish 15" compomotive split rims fitted and Gabriel Adjustomatic adjustable shocks (very cheap, around R200 each) mated to semi-slick tyres and this has sweetened the handling a lot.

My daily runner is a 156 Twin Spark, and I also have a Fiat Punto HGT for when I feel like being a hooligan... Dont worry, the Punto hides a 1.8L Alfa engine with FIAT on the tappet cover :twisted:

Here are some pics of my Italian bombs:

IAN 159i
ALFETTA 159i
2.0 VIVT, GASSED, PORTED WITH CAMS, 15" COMPOMOTIVE SPLITS
SEMI-SLICKS
ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

8) Hey Ian Nice Wheels The 159's are the more forgotten car. Im glad to see you fix it they are really comfortable cars to drive.
I see yoy said your fitting abody kit. What are you going to do with that original rubber front spoiler? If its not going onto your carI wouldnt mind buying it....
Lifes a journey? F*** the ride get there first ALFA ROMEO oo=v=oo
nisaar
Gold
Gold

He hE hE

Post by nisaar »

And Now we done...........................

Brief History of this car It layed outside in the baking hot sun with the doors open for 10 whole years.

The seats were stuffed the doors were stuffed the windows didnt work. :cry: thats what I saw when I went to buy it.

:cry: Brought it home and the gearbox was busted the airflow meter was broken the wheel bearings were stuffed,it smelt like a fat drunk man died in the boot.The hood lining was on the seats.

The amazing thing is that i put on another airflow meter and the motor started on the first turn... oh thats after i changed all the fuel Hoses and water pipes.

Whats new on the car ??

The paint 6 liters were needed because half the car was gold which didnt come Cheap R400 a liter :shock:

The Rims 5 Gtv6 Spare wheels were used to make a full set
the tires of course
wheel bearings
Brand New gearbox I managed to find an absolutly new one that hasent been fitted on a car before cost R 5000
New seats
New Clutch
A new grill
Front and Rear bumpers
Flame thrower in the tail piece
Tint "its too dmn hot" here in sa
And alot of other things I cant even remember anymore
Attachments
14082007168.jpg
14082007168.jpg (161.01 KiB) Viewed 9244 times
14082007169.jpg
14082007169.jpg (164.32 KiB) Viewed 9242 times
18082007176.jpg
18082007176.jpg (216.63 KiB) Viewed 9243 times
nisaar
Gold
Gold

Post by nisaar »

Oh and this is after i fitted all the odds and ends
The one odd ball pic is My Kitty its a six liter V12
Attachments
09092007006.jpg
09092007006.jpg (122.46 KiB) Viewed 9236 times
11092007013.jpg
11092007013.jpg (88.28 KiB) Viewed 9238 times
11092007014.jpg
11092007014.jpg (95.97 KiB) Viewed 9240 times
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

the alfetta looks mighty fine :D
ian 159
Silver
Silver

Post by ian 159 »

nisaar wrote:8) What are you going to do with that original rubber front spoiler? If its not going onto your carI wouldnt mind buying it....
Nisaar,

I'll have a look around. If I remember correctly, I think I saw a front spoiler lying somewhere a bit bent out of shape, but it does fall back into shape when it is bolted on. You can have that one for free but I'll let you know :wink:

Thanx for the compliments. I think yours looks stunning!
IAN 159i
ALFETTA 159i
SEMI-SLICKS
ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: He hE hE

Post by Zamani »

nisaar wrote: :cry: Brought it home and the gearbox was busted the airflow meter was broken the wheel bearings were stuffed,it smelt like a fat drunk man died in the boot.The hood lining was on the seats.
e
You're lucky the seats were not on the roof lining :lol:
ian 159
Silver
Silver

Post by ian 159 »

nisaar wrote:Oh and this is after i fitted all the odds and ends
The one odd ball pic is My Kitty its a six liter V12
I forgot to add this: To the rear tail lights, I added black pinstripes to the grooves. It makes the lights look cleaner, slightly tinted and a bit better.

You could try that, Nisaar. Those cheap body stripe kits, I think it's the 2 or 3mm stripe that I added accross the rear lights.

:wink:
IAN 159i
ALFETTA 159i
SEMI-SLICKS
ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS