Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Keeping another GTV6 on the road!

Post by Peter A »

OK - my '86 just went to the body shop this last week after being wrecked in September '03. Spent a year arbitrating with the insurance company, ended up with around $12K plus the wreck. So don't give up if you get lowballed for a special GTV6. My final arbitration appeal package was over 60 pages of letters, exhibits, documentation on equipment, pictures, etc. The insurance company finally hired a professional appraiser. I hoped to get $15k but that's better than the $3500 they started with. A pretty typical GTV6 set up for the Transaxle crowd:

3.0, S cams and pistons :) , ANSA headers & exhaust, LSD, OZ 2-pc wheels, momo wheel and hub, konis/sway bars/rear springs, poly bushings including the watts link, pretty normal stuff for this group.

Looked long and hard for a good transplant candidate but in the end couldn't find a reasonably-priced & rust free candidate. A maratona shell is the donor. Will post old and new pics when I get her back.

Lesson is, I guess, don't give up on your GTV6, they are getting hard to find, harder to fix but worth more than most people think. I'd have gotten full price if I had it appraised before the wreck. Should come out nice since the car is not bent (a truck drove up the entire passenger side, sliced it open like a sardine can, crumpled the A-pillar, but '80's Alfa steel saved my three kids in the car with me :D :D ).

I'd be happy to help any of you in the same predicament. Special thanks to Mario Colasacco at EuroTec Motors Livingston NJ, Carlo Durante at Alfa of Tacoma, Andy Kress at Performatek, Bob Cozza, a bunch of guys that replied to my posts at the old GTV6.org when I was looking for help, and especially my lawyer/wife that helped me prep the arbitration package and put the insurance company on their heels due to their sloppy handling of the original valuation claim from CCC valuescope that first labeled my car as worth $3500!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Good Job Peter! I am really glad to hear this worked out as well as it did.

Greg Gordon www.oldebottles.com/italiancars.htm
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

Greg - thanks! I've been looking at your site, and the supercharger project, evolve over the last couple of years. Nice work.

When I get my car back I'm going to be happy just to DRIVE it again :lol: . After that, maybe next year, I'll be interested in your blower setup since the 3.0 in my car is very strong with low miles. I'd hate to take apart a good motor, or put in one of the (very cool) 24 valve conversions and put a good 3.0 motor on the bench. Again, my car has S-cams & pistons, headers, ignition box (not sure whose iteration), otherwise stock induction. Do you have this specific combination spec.'ed out? Would I have to go to lower compression pistons, water injection, or a different ignition/fuel management system to put your package on my car, or would it just bolt on and go (with new injectors, as per your program)?

Peter A.
Chatham NJ
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Post by hutchensgd »

Peter,

Nice job of negotiating! You must have had plenty of good documentation. I was encouraged reading your posting after restoring my car, and putting way more money into it than I believe I could ever get for it, even though the car looks spectacular!

Good luck on your restoration project!
Glenn