Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
GTV6
Silver
Silver

Please allow me to...

Post by GTV6 »

introduce my GTV6 and its owner.

Hello there,

My name is Arjan Rietveld and herewith I would like to introduce my GTV6 to this great Forum. After having a lot of 105 serie types (16 to be precise) this is my first transaxle model. Last year I bought myself a fully loaded 156 JTD with leather, big rims and the whole stuff. Boring. So I decided to buy something with more character for daily commuting. Tadaaa here it is my Swiss 1982 GTV6. Pretty standard apart from the 16 inch SZ type Speedlines. A little bit lowered an RS front stabi. Plans for the coming month: Teflon braking lines, 105 castor ball joints, brake overhaul (hhmmm red or gold calipers??). Later on some modification from RS on the rear suspension. O my GTV6 has full leather upholstery, period leather Nardi steering wheel on a extended hub and a sunroof. I will post some more pictures after some small cosmetic items I am going to do. Major thing is that I will turn the intake collector into a black wrinkled one.

Tomorrow I will hear if I can get hands on a 2.8 Gleich engine with one broken piston. Hard to get so if eanybody around here knows of Gleich pistons for the 2.8 Please let me know.

I adore the sound of the car and I am thinking of replacing the perfect exhaust for a CSC system. Main item is that I do not want to lose the sound it has now. The only thing is that it is allowed to have an even more high pitched sound... Any experience around here? OK so far the intro. Probably will be much more around here for great tips and tricks. Cheers,

Arjan Rietveld

Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Arjan, Your car looks great. I really like that color combination, those wheels and the European bumpers. As for pistons, I suggest buying a whole new set. Many companies can make them for you for a reasonable cost, for example J&E, Jahns, Arias, Wiseco, and Venolia. I like Venolias, and Wisecos although Wiseco requires you to order a min. of twelve. A lot of folks really like J&E.
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

Hi Arjan,

very nice car. Waiting for further pics.
Do you know the color code and name of your car?
'The GTV': '83 GTV6; (summer)
' Mr Brown': '82 Alfetta 2000L; (family car)
'The Little Red': '79 Alfasud 1.3 Super; (under restoration)
MD
Verde
Verde

Introduce Yourself

Post by MD »

Hi and welcome Arjan,

Classy unit. Sounds like it is going to get even better.

Only one thing wrong with it, it's got the steering wheel on the wrong side !!

MD :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV6 »

Hello MD,

That would definatly be a problem when our emigration plans for NZ are fullfilled in the near future. Anyway thaks for the complimets to ya all!! more pics in the near future!!
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

hi gtv6 !

that car looks great ! i really started to like that colour when i saw it slinking around the city streets in octopussy :wink:

2.8 gleich motor ! even better ! please, when you get it up and running, do send us a sound clip and driving impressions !

sorry to hear you're thinking about moving to new zealand :P

heh, just kidding (sort of !)

joe
(AUS)
GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV6 »

joey wrote:hi gtv6 !

sorry to hear you're thinking about moving to new zealand :P

heh, just kidding (sort of !)

joe
(AUS)
Australia?? Isn't that that tiny shitty country north of NZ (Quote from mountaineer on Fox Glacier when he explained about tectonic plates during our ice hike) Anyway also been in Oz (just for a week ) at a friends place. It was the best place you can think of. A victorian house in Neutral Bay with a right view on the Bridge and left view on The Opera. Great!!
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

Very nice car there.

i am very impressed with the paint!!

What were your plans for New Zealand? were you taking the car with you?
there are not many around here, would be one of the tidier ones.

What part of nz are you heading to? As i am currently in canterbury in the south island.

Good luck with the emigration.

Karl
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV6 »

Hey ALfa GTV6. Thanks for the compliments. If we are moving I would like to take the car with me and give it a blast on the way past the Pancake rocks....We prefer the Southern Island or Wellington. It all depends on the fact if I can find a job which is in the so called priority list. I am working as a Corporate Communication Manager at one of the biggest automotive suppliers in the world but anything in the marketing/communication would be great. On the other hand I have a very specificexpertise regarding the protection of valuable document. The former comapny I worked for had a partnership wit AUS. Company. We developed polymeric banknotes with special security features (transparent window with interference pattern) So I already contributed to NZ with the commerative 10$ NZ. I have no idea if there is a need for persons with that specific banknote/ valuable documents (passports) skill. If so please contact me. The whole immigration process takes a year anyway and we are really finished overhere in The Netherlands. Been there, done that....
Alfist-GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by Alfist-GTV6 »

Hey Arjan,

Your GTV6 looks great.
My compliments. :wink:

ingegnere wrote:Do you know the color code and name of your car?
I can answer this one.
This should be AR763 Grigio Nube Metalizato.
My GTV6 has the same colour. 8)

Saluti, Arjan Kuiper.
GTV6 DRIVES YOU 2 PASSION!

http://www.gtv6demoruns.nl/

fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Hi to GTV6 and to fellow kiwi. I am in Auckland with a silver GTV6 i bought 8 months back. Just finished overhauling the cylinder heads .. the dreaded valve guides were worn, she is now running like a dream and no smoke. It will be interesting to see if you can bring youre car here, i made enquiries about trying to get a South African 3.0 here last year and was told no way due to frontal impact standards etc etc, strange thing ... GTV6s were sold here!!
Anyway good luck ...

Tom
GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV6 »

OK something different but hell what fun... just bought this two weeks ago and yes the GTV6 will stay also...

Just modified the GTV6's suspension with the castor ball joints of Alfa's 105 serie... what a difference... also installed KONI yellow... my kidneys will be clean and healthy the coming decades. A bit to hard and I am thinking of going back to original, less tougher dampers...
Alfist-GTV6
Silver
Silver

Post by Alfist-GTV6 »

Hmm...........a 224?
GTV6 DRIVES YOU 2 PASSION!

http://www.gtv6demoruns.nl/