Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Squadra T
Silver
Silver

Bought a GTV6 last week

Post by Squadra T »

Hi all,

I would to introduce myself together with my latest alfa. After a lot of years I finally found and bought my dreamcar. I'm from Belgium, the car was imported from italy in 1997 by the previous owner.

Here's some pictures:

x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Welcome to the club...looks like she has been well taken care of!!
Squadra T
Silver
Silver

Post by Squadra T »

x-rad wrote:Welcome to the club...looks like she has been well taken care of!!
Thanks. She has been taken care of very well !
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

whoa, that is beautiful !

everytime i see an original example, i'm won over by the simplicity of its design.... 80s theme an all !

Has that been restored or is it totally original?

cheers,

joe

and welcome !
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

Whoa :shock:
Your GTV6 is just amazing... beautiful and 100% original 8)
Welcome :D
Squadra T
Silver
Silver

Post by Squadra T »

joey wrote: Has that been restored or is it totally original?
Unrestored and totally original :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Congratulations on aquiring a lovely specimen. :!:

However, the very state of this vehicle brings me to the agonising question we all have about our sports cars. What to do? Enjoy them for what they are made for and drive them to within an inch of their lives or pussy them around and be sure no grasshopper spreads their brains on the windscreen, period.

There's plenty to be said for a lot of the machines out there that are maybe not so pretty but time, money and effort has been spent on refining the engineering to make them go better than ever. The unsung heroes out there. When you see them covered in paint chips, a cracked lens here and there, black powder all over the rims shod with perfomance tyres. A mean stance that says don't mess with this bad boy, it gladdens your heart when you see one. You just know that's one colt borne to run and not just poke the neck out of the stables to get a sniff at what could be....

All those wishing to contribute to the MD poetry fund ,please do so via your own charity.... ha ha
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

You sure it wasn't stolen out of the Italian Alfa museum?
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

I'm pretty sure he would've been shot 15 times by 6 different Italian police forces if he did! :lol: :P

Beautiful example though

ROCK ON
R~R
Squadra T
Silver
Silver

Post by Squadra T »

Talking about the Alfa museum... I know you can send a request for information to Alfa Romeo to see where your classic car was first delivered etc... Can anyone give me the phone / fax/ email I should send this request too?

Let's just hope they don't come to the conclusion that this is the red GTV that was stolen from the museum in '97 8)
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

There is a link somewhere to the Alfa factory/museum. Send your vin and a few weeks get the info back. I saw it here or on AlfaBB. There is another guy who sells Alfa parts who also does this service for 25$, just forget who he is right now.....

So basically, this was of no help, but it can be done!
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Look in th esection "other" under alfa archives. I posted it there a few weeks back. I sent my e mail and got a reply about a week later.
Tom
Squadra T
Silver
Silver

Post by Squadra T »

fortom wrote:Look in th esection "other" under alfa archives. I posted it there a few weeks back. I sent my e mail and got a reply about a week later.
Tom
Thanks man, I found it.