Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
esperan
Silver
Silver

Post by esperan »

thanks alfa gtv6 gp....i will go a looking!!
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Esperan,

Nice car. Hey I thought the 3.0 L south african models ran 6 single choke dellorto carbies?

Will catch up within the next week or two?
esperan
Silver
Silver

Post by esperan »

Yes it did Brian

But i decided to change it before i left SA as in SA i had a 3.3L motor with a very wild cam(i dont think that cam was even street legal!)
The carbs needed to be set every 4-6 weeks due to the rough idle. my good friend use to do it for me & at No charge!
However prior to emigrating to Oz , i visited one of the Alfa workshops here & was quoted an exhorbitant amount to tune it each time...was going to be too expensive to maintain & thats when I decided to fuel inject the car..sad to see the carbs go (Dawie now has them ) but if i wanted the car in Oz , it had to be done,,,,in hindsight I should have kept the carbs & head or just changed to a mild cam/std cam but thats now water under the bridge :cry:
On the bright side i can now hook the computor up to the car & play games while i drive :lol:
looking forward to meeting the guys soon
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Hey Esperan
I am sick of the carbs on the AHmotorsports 3.3 they go out of tune as you said every month or so and I am sick of smelling fumes so on ebay they shall go.Advice needed on what I need to convert to injection I am thinking gotech at the moment would also like to go throttle bodies and lose the plenumn so all info help appreciated.
Kind Regards John.
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
esperan
Silver
Silver

Post by esperan »

hey john ..i just PM you
esperan
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Hey John, Esperan,

How are your cars going?

John, did you end up getting the new car registered? Mine went through ok the second time round. Luckily got another examiner who passed it.

Esperan, did you get your injectors done and gotech tuned?

Mine still hasn't been tuned properly and has been sitting in the garage undercovers for ages. That's the problem with having a young baby....no time at all for the cars :(

Have to get together soon.

Cheers,
Brian
esperan
Silver
Silver

Post by esperan »

hey Brian

How is Jr doing....yes we really have to meet again...will be good if you can bring the little one around.

havent been using the gtv much......havnt tuned it as yet & still have some problems with car....on some days runs like an absolute bullet , like an alfa should & on other seems to dev a slight miss on one of the cyclinders.....maby will take a llook at it tomorrow...been really busy at work.
i dont feel gotech is the problem ..maybe the fuel injectors...or plugs /leads....

im still thinking of building the 3.3L up....but the problem for me is trying to make up one piston liner & piston....do you know of anybody that could do the liner(aluminuim/titanium/ceramic coated??).
still have the carello rods & the other forged 98mm pistons , the heads & cams.....

got to also speak to steven as to best gear ratios to use as would like to build a really dynamite g/box & quick shifter......

so many things i would like to do but if only had the time to do it...

anyway keep well
esperan
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Great Wheels and awesome looking v6!

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
esperan
Silver
Silver

Post by esperan »

hey man...thanks for those compliments......proud to say that there are a few more really exellent condition gtv6's around......keep the flag flying high
esperan
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

esperan

So how come I didn't see you at Alfesta in Berri SA.

No lame excuses now.. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Nice looking gtv6, is it Cappa Bianco?

Nice to see a 3.0.

Are you going to kit it out with a Zender kit?

That with some 17's would look wicked :wink:

The 300C, thought this was an alfa site...? :roll:

Get 25" DUB deep dish's lol.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
esperan
Silver
Silver

Post by esperan »

Hey MD GarthW

Guru...honestly...did not even know about the event in SA...even if i knew i probably couldnt have gotten leave from work....just too many patients that need my help....the Alfa Spirit of always helping & advising other Alfa boys i guess also filters through into my work......i would have loved to run the car through the Nullabor though...would have been good fun!!! :twisted:

Garth....my gtv looks really great but i have to a slight degree neglected it....has just a couple of light scratches & stone chips about with a little spot/bubble of rust starting around the window.....a good excuse for me to do a make over on the car.......
i was however thinking seriously of buying the 159 Q4 ..as beautiful as it looks.....it really had to shed 400kgs before i think of buying it or unless it comes with a v8 as fitted in the 8c competizione!!!
with my car weighing 1100kgs & me thinking of putting the 3.3L back in & supercharging it at a later stage...unfortunately the new alfas dont have a snowballs chance in hell!!!...all dreams for now........Now does anybody have a potion that will put my wife off to sleep for six months sothat i can finish this dream of mine :lol:

esperan :twisted:

ps Garth......want to keep the gtv as original on the outside as i can ...so the 15" rims will have to stay & honestly not a huge fan of the Zender kit....I feel all alfas that come out of the factory look stunning the way they are.!!!

as for 25" on the 300c.....no way......wont have enough tire...will be all rim!
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yes well said, i think they look fantastic from factory. But after 20yrs original bumpers go all over the place. Zender kit is a nice cheap replacement to clean her up, for getting replacement bumpers are rare.

But your right, the Zender kits could be better, but the way it made my 20yr old car look once fitted was amazing. Only once have i seen a original Zender kit on a gtv6 and it drew crowds from everywhere.

The interior is amazing in your car, so clean...

I loved my 15" zender's as well, but once i got 18's with low pro's, again transformed it. But original is beautiful, i will be buying another gtv6 soon, and that will be all original :wink:

In the end, i love your car. Love them in white.

I think everyone here from Australia should all meet at next Alfesta.....where ever it is this year... :oops:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.