Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
x
Gold
Gold

Italian Princess in Greece!!

Post by x »

Hi from Greece!
My name is Zissis Akrivos and this is my metal lady.
I have owned her for ten years now and she initially was in a sad state to say the least. Car is a 2 litre in 'grigio metalisato' running on twin dell'ortos 40DHLAH and modifications include:
-10:1 compression ratio (motronic pistons)
-11mm cams
-sprint filter swivelling trumpets
-electric fuel pump
-75 turbo oil cooler with thermostatic valve
-custon made manifold, stainless steel exhaust (50mm inside diameter)
-gtv6 torsion bars, 75 turbo anti roll bars, mad lowering springs and koni shocks, car is lowered approx. 45mm
-campagnolo 15'' wheels with 205/50/15 Kumho Ecsta Supra
-gtv6 discs with brembo alu calipers and goodridge hoses
-interior retrimmed in tan leather, momo 'rookie' driver's seat, sabelt 3 point harnesses, sabelt 'acropolis' steering wheel, sparco alu pedals
-extra veglia gauges for oil temperature, battery voltage and fuel pressure (last is in the engine bay of course)
-period 'farmont' sunroof
-gtv6 bonnet (previous owner had installed a 2.5 engine)
Maybe all this sounds a bit old-fashioned now especially with the 3 liter GTVs being a must, but i prefer to stick mainly to the old school 'carb' rules!
It seems that i cannot escape the glorious sound...
Car is constantly evolving so i'll keep you informed.
Greetings to Barry, MD and of course JimK (i owe you one mate).
Thanks.

8) 8) 8)
Attachments
IMG_0001a1.jpg
IMG_0001a1.jpg (209.46 KiB) Viewed 11159 times
IMG_0002a1.jpg
IMG_0002a1.jpg (113.9 KiB) Viewed 11162 times
IMG_0003a1.jpg
IMG_0003a1.jpg (129.26 KiB) Viewed 11162 times
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Nice car Zissis.

Got me stuffed though. How in the hell did you get all the landscape to blend in with your black and white car? Can't say I like those black trees you got over there in Grease. No wonder JK is such a twisted boy. He probably went on a holiday once to Italy only to find green trees and he is still getting over it. :lol:

We got black trees here too but it is usually after a bush fire...he he.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Man with BLUE (Heeehaw!)gtv speak from behind the bush again...please crawl back under rock and stay there!!! :lol:
X-file kid: it don't cost any more to post in color you know!! And you still haven't called to pay for lunch, CHEAPO! Just wait until the rubber band breaks and the car dies! We'll get your a$$!
Jim K.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Nice!
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Geez GTV's look good sitting that low !!! especially the rear, the wheel arch is down to the 15" rim, you even got rear springs x ????? :shock:

Big fan of the "old sKooL" carb sound too :D

v nice gtv!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Gees,looking at the header I thought JK was up to his tricks again!!

Nice one Zissis...now for colour??
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

What Barry wants to know is what color you repainted it after stealing it. Is that why the plates are blurred?? You're a man waiting for a striped suit, no doubt! How long are we going to have to put up with you, this being a 6-cylinder site??? Cut the crap and buy a 3liter engine, then we'll talk (in the meantime you're still paying for lunch-if you ever show up that is!) :lol:
Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

6 cylinders?? :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

6 cylinders??
Think JK's been sniffing laundry on the clothes lines again, matts. :lol:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Name of site: Alfagtv6=6 cylinders!!!! Mats has shown enough proficiency and ability to count, which is more than I can say for our upside-down primate friend. You have been known to stand there for hours, hood open, gaping at the engine and desperately counting fingers...1,2,uhhh,4,..6= brain(?)overheat! I can't help it if you only have a two-track mind (Reset and Clear!)
OOOOhhh, I bet the clothes line laundry smells a LOT better than yer socks!! Arrrgghhhh!!:roll: :shock:
Jim K.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey dicknose, I think you gotta point. Trouble is your hand is on it most of the time. :lol:

I would have thought that "The home of the Alfa Romeo Transaxle"
is all inclusive of any transaxle including sechs zylinders as you BMW lovers know them as opposed to being exclusive which is what you are suggesting (Dribbling really> Seriously, you should have that looked at for your own good. It could help you get your libbido back)

Ahaa. So you admit the sniffing. I knew it !!

It's OK folks, this is just mine & JK's cookie way of saying hello. There is no malice here and never will be. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to take the piss out of him. For me it's a labour of love.. he he :lol:
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I'm only going to say this once: #%&%$*@!!&?? and the horse (kangaroo) you rode in on!! :twisted: :twisted: One of these days I'll solve the mystery, how do you stay on earth,do you have suction cups on your shoes or does the slime stick so well??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
x
Gold
Gold

Post by x »

Gretings Gentlemen and thanks to everyone for the comments!
I appreciate it very much.
Pictures in colour will follow within the next weeks...
JimK:I know i cannot escape your 6-cylinder preaching!!!Hope to see you soon mate (i know the steaks will be on me of course!). :D
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hey, X-ray or X-file or XXX whatever, Saturday is raceday, so Bill gave me the keys to the garage. I'll be there ~9-9:30 to put together the 3liter (liners,rods,pistons,oil pump,sump,flywheel...) ALONE...heheh, if you feel like sticking around and paying for lunch ( :idea: )maybe you'll be interested to see what 2 more cylinders look like.
Gimme a call.Lunch for both of us will cost ya ~15Euros! :lol:
Jim K.

Hey, MD, how ya doing? Fall off yer perch yet?? :lol: :lol:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

JimGreek wrote:Name of site: Alfagtv6=6 cylinders!!!! Mats has shown enough proficiency and ability to count, which is more than I can say for our upside-down primate friend. You have been known to stand there for hours, hood open, gaping at the engine and desperately counting fingers...1,2,uhhh,4,..6= brain(?)overheat! I can't help it if you only have a two-track mind (Reset and Clear!)
OOOOhhh, I bet the clothes line laundry smells a LOT better than yer socks!! Arrrgghhhh!!:roll: :shock:
Jim K.
Good thing there are numbers on the cam covers. :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!