Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

That car looks great. I would cut one coil off the rear springs to even out the ride height. I love the color and the wheels!
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

Ingegnere,

I pinged Mats... that ground clearance is to his exhaust... not the jacking point...

-Brian
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

Thanks Greg!

I think the height of the back in real life looks lower.
Like on next picture.

Is it still too high?
(Anyway, I will lower the back some mms, and i'm really pleased that you like my cars apperance. :) )
Attachments
Bad quality image taken some years ago on another race.
Bad quality image taken some years ago on another race.
119.jpg (62.75 KiB) Viewed 8609 times
'The GTV': '83 GTV6; (summer)
' Mr Brown': '82 Alfetta 2000L; (family car)
'The Little Red': '79 Alfasud 1.3 Super; (under restoration)
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

Brian, Mats

The lowest part of mine is the oil sump, and that is 84 mm. (The King Size box minus 3. :) )

65mm from ground to exhaust is remarkable anyway. :shock: But in my case it's not managable. :(
Attachments
Ground.jpg
Ground.jpg (49.96 KiB) Viewed 8606 times
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

I have found a Milano front sway bar among my spare parts! It's almost twice as thick as the original GTV6 one, and I'd like to install it. I've read on the older forum (maybe by you Greg, I'm not sure) that is doesn't really have a large effect on cars with stiff suspension.
But there's the factory setup under mine.

Would you think it will have a good effect on handling, cornering, etc? (I use this on the road, and not planning large modifications.:) )
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

Hi guys.

I know it's not increasing performance, nor reducing exhaust gases, but I think highly increase interior apperance!

Bought it form e-Bay, recieved it today, and I'm very delighted. :lol:
Attachments
PICT0201s.jpg
PICT0201s.jpg (57.38 KiB) Viewed 8545 times
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

Some update:
Attachments
And this was taken last weekend at Selenia Rally, organized by Alfa Romeo Club Hungary
And this was taken last weekend at Selenia Rally, organized by Alfa Romeo Club Hungary
selenia2005.jpg (150.63 KiB) Viewed 8291 times
Two weeks before I completely renewed the driveshaft; felx joints, center support, bearing.
Two weeks before I completely renewed the driveshaft; felx joints, center support, bearing.
driveshaft.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 8293 times
A refubrished twin plate clutch was installed two weeks ago. It used to have a Milano type single plate, which now I replaced with the factory unit. The behaviour, the flexibility and the revviness of the car is AMAZING! Knowing the laws of phisics and ha
A refubrished twin plate clutch was installed two weeks ago. It used to have a Milano type single plate, which now I replaced with the factory unit. The behaviour, the flexibility and the revviness of the car is AMAZING! Knowing the laws of phisics and ha
twinclutchsmall.jpg (65.43 KiB) Viewed 8290 times
Yellow Konis all around.
Yellow Konis all around.
koni2.jpg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 8290 times
Yellow Konis at the front. There's no picture about it, but the front sway bar was also replaced by a stiffer one from a Milano. Here the original unit can be seen.
Yellow Konis at the front. There's no picture about it, but the front sway bar was also replaced by a stiffer one from a Milano. Here the original unit can be seen.
koni1.jpg (75.45 KiB) Viewed 8290 times
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

And the Nardi of course was installed. :)
Attachments
The Nardi was installed, with an almost custom fabricated hub. This is a modified RAID GTV hub extended with a Nardi 155 hub to get the right driving position and comfort.
The Nardi was installed, with an almost custom fabricated hub. This is a modified RAID GTV hub extended with a Nardi 155 hub to get the right driving position and comfort.
nardi.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 8286 times
Octopussy
Silver
Silver

Post by Octopussy »

A thicker sway bar in front would increse understeer and reduce oversteer. Whether or not it handles better is really a personal prefrence. I like oversteer (like most people that like RWD). :twisted:
Alex
84 GTV6
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Not necessarily.

The theory is right. Stiffening one end lowers the traction of it.

However, to my surprise some 17 years (shit, is it really that long) ago, stiffening the front of the original Alfetta (or 75/GTV) reduces understeer!

This can easily be explained.

The main reason for US of the 116 chassis isn't load transfer but the fact that the rear tires always stay orthogonal to the track (= 0 deg camber). Whereas the outer front tire builds up a LOT of positive camber in heavy cornering. This reduces grip much more than is lost by the load transfer with stiffer springs/AR bars.

When the suspension is tuned to moderate roll and decent camber the theory of load transfer applies to 100%
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

yeah, the standard setup of the Alfetta chassis is just outside that envelope where the "softer is grippier" apply...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
ingegnere
Gold
Gold

Post by ingegnere »

Thanks Guys for the reply.

I use my car in normal circumstances, it has never been on the track. Maybe sometimes... :roll:

The KONI's are set to factory setting, so at the softest level.
I used to have problems with nodding the front at braking and on bad road surface. This was because of lowering and the 'heavy' V6, I think, because the factory shocks were in good condition.
And I also did have problems with body roll and oversteer ( I used to have LSD already inside). I don't know why, but it often lost grip in hard cornering. The worst case last year can be seen on the picture. :cry:

With this setup - KONI', Milano sway bar and LSD - it handles really neutral, I still have comfort, nodding is lost (and this is because of sway bar, I'tried the KONIs with the orig one as well), and the gain in almost every corner I use is at least 10 km/h. So I'm pretty satisfied.

It wouldn't be so fine maybe on the track, but on the road it's competitive. 8)