Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Hmmmmm some fire in those posts MR90.

Dunno about pistols at dawn (too civilized)...........i think another pass could resolve this :D

We had Gregs Gtv6 vs BMW few months ago........

Time for another DRAG! hahaha

MR90 time to introduce yourself, your throwing lots of rocks at the moment!
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Profuse apologies, looked again, that apears to be a 2.0 rather than a 2.8 for the 60 foot. *and* I was looking at the wrong one of my timeslips, my 2.6 was gently driving off the line because of the aformentioned carb issues.
So 12.8 @107mph with a 2.0 60ft makes sense for 1300kg and 320-325rwhp.

13.8 with a 2.8 sixty would point to about a 100mph terminal (guessing), and 260ish rwhp... so maybe GTV6GPTT is not fibbing?
My god. I'm defending someone who i've had "discussions" with on the olde message board! Who'da thunk it!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

The BMW 535i vs GTV6 drag was a lot of fun. Sometimes we get all hung up on track times, but a good stop light grand prix style drag race can be pretty exciting between closely matched cars.

I don't know if GTV6GPTT is lying or not, the time slip doesn't make sense to me, but.... In any case his claims have been very very inconsistant. He claimed 250 rear wheel horsepower on a dead stock engine with only 5 pounds of boost. That's clearly B.S. Then his claim changed to stock except for headwork, bigger runners, aftermarket injection and 6 pounds of boost. Then it became apparent that he was using ELF racing fuel. I don't know what that is, but it doesn't sound like something you would need with just 5 pounds of boost.

I do believe he has 250 rear wheel horsepower, I don't have much doubt about that. However it's with a lot more boost, probably around 12 pounds. I don't belive a GTV6 with 250 RWHP street tires, and close to stock weight will break into the 12s. With 15 pounds of boost a 13.8 time sounds about right to me.
GTV6GPTT
Gold
Gold

Post by GTV6GPTT »

i couldn’t care less what anyone believes. i own and built the car and know exactly what it is capable off.

i have chosen to ignore what jealousy causes some people to do and say that can not face the reality and disappointment in their own lives.

One last time so things are clear:

13.8@104 was ran on about 7psi, i had never been to drag strip, i only got 3 runs and fucked them all up thanks to no tacho. But still did a 13.8 with 60fts of all around 2.8 this is running about 150-155rwkw.

now on higher boost which i have now set up the car to run is up to 15psi which produces about 200 odd rwkw. with a good launch on a good set of tiers. getting that 60ft down to the 1.8-2.0 is already the high 12sec pass alone.. not to mention the use of a extra 50kw of power.

boost can be set to be controlled by the ecu to help aid in launching, also being aided by anti lag if chosen so 11psi is set until the car is out of wheel spin where it boosts higher.

Greg, i have never claimed to do any of that work to my car. if you look back before writing you will find that was patzo3L‘s Alfa 75. which i still stand to have been making its awesome power. Also greg where have I claimed to make 250hp with 5psi? please get your facts right before accusing something.

anyone with any understanding of cars and drag racing can work it out. the need to absolutely torture your car until you pull the best time is absolute wank! i have my slips to prove what i know to myself and myself alone.

Good-o and happy ranting.
Last edited by GTV6GPTT on Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

My memory is not perfect I appologize this discussion took place about a year and a half ago. Actually the claim was a 75% gain in power, or 220 rwhp on 5 pounds of boost with a "totally stock" motor. This claim was false which you cleared up later in the same thread when you changed the story from "The motor is STOCK" to "again the motor is STOCK besides bolt ons" You also revised the claimed power level from 220 to 214 to 211 and boost was revised up to 6+ psi.

I am not saying you were lying, actually it was your supporter Robert who started making the claim that you were somehow getting 75% more power with only 34% more air. At first you tried to support his claim, and then slowly revised the claims over a series of posts in the same thread.

If only we could get together for some drinking and drag racing I think we could get this all sorted out. You could bring Patzo to, and we could have a drag race showdown.
MR90
Silver
Silver

Post by MR90 »

HAHAH ur time slip PLEASE READ BOYS his time slip has the same numberr 188 on it, as it does in the picture of his car, these are of 2 seperate occassions so how would you have the same number? IMPOSSIBLE thats one big stuff up.ALSO you have had a coversation just the other night saying that you only think your car can pull 12s THATS NOT WHAT YOU CLAIMED IN HERE YOU SAY IT HAS DONE 12S!!. i have seen this car on the dyno and it did not make 200rwkw it made 180rwkw on 15_16 psi which is good power but the car only really starts to move at about 130 140ks i recall him runing a car that has ran a 13.7 on the drag stip (gtvgptt was on on 15psi on the street i know i was in the car and seen the guage OR DID YOU FORGET THAT MATE) and he only just pulled in front of it!.SO if your car was running 15 psi back then y are you saying you have only just started to run that psi now?. AND for everyone that reads this the people that were their with him at the drag stirp on the night of the 13.8 recall the owner saying that I AM RUNNING 18PSI not the pissy 6_7 or 8 WHICH ONE IS IT MATE?. The power out put is not bad on this car if you just wanna push the shit out of a stock motor go for it, jelous is very funny on this application after all i think nearly every one in here owns a gtv just flip ur manifolds upsidedown make a flange to suit and bolt turbos on.Anyone can do that so why would any one be jelous But as for that time slip i think its clear to see that you did not run 12s after all you addmited it!
JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THIS IS ALL COMING FROM A GUY WHO WAS IN MY STOCK ALFA90 2.5 AND TOLD ME THAT I WOULD GIVE A NEW GTV3LT24V A RUN FOR ITS MONEY this gtv3lt24v is owned by my brother and all gtvgptt could say about the car was THEY ARE NOT FAST YOU COULD BEAT IT IN YOUR 90 hahahahah that to me is a jelous ba*ta*d and a very dumb one
ALFA ROMEO driving with ur heart not ur brain
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Greg Gordon wrote:If only we could get together for some drinking and drag racing I think we could get this all sorted out. You could bring Patzo to, and we could have a drag race showdown.
Can I play too?
crazy75
Silver
Silver

Post by crazy75 »

HMMM interesting.
Looking at the time slip and the number on gtvgptt car seems like its right to me! so i guess its your word against his, so was that photo the night you ran the 12.8 gtvgptt?
cheers
love the forum by the way.
im crazy
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

la_strega_nera wrote:
Greg Gordon wrote:If only we could get together for some drinking and drag racing I think we could get this all sorted out. You could bring Patzo to, and we could have a drag race showdown.
Can I play too?
I'll bring the BEER! hehehe
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Ben and Matt, you guys can come too! I am configuring my car for this fictional event right now. I am quite sure if we all got together for some freindly drag racing all the B.S. and hostility would go away. We would get ideas from each other and all of us would end up with faster cars to beat up the ricers with.

MR90, who are you? What type of car(s) do you have? Do you have a forced induction car? Although your posts and evidence seem credible, it's strange for someone to show up and start bashing a long time member. You must have some beef with GTV6GPTT beyond being upset because he inflated with 1/4 mile claims on this web site.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Greg,

When are you or your dad coming up here? My car is ready.

If you fly out to SJC, let me know, dinner/lunch is on me.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

A little bit of a topic change there. My dad is out in Southern California right now, however I am borrowing his supercharger for some secret testing so he is running around normally aspirated at the moment.

I do plan to be at the national convention with my supercharged GTV6, will you be there? If so we can drag race!
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

:lol: thanks for the invite greg. that would be nice if we could all get together for a good old fashioned hoe-down. my car is back in the garage for some minor modifications but maybe one day we can exchange videos and such of our own beasts. all these cars are good in their own rite's and im sure they fulfill the purpose they were intended for. however it is important to remember that mine will always be better. hahahaha. na seriously cheers fellas.

patzo_3l
turbo 3l GTV6
drew_s`b`r
Silver
Silver

Post by drew_s`b`r »

wow.

vince is still alive? i thought he had fallen off the face of the planet.

anyhew.

last time i spoke/saw him...the car had run high 13's...meh...

heya mr90!(we all need to catch up soon eh!..)
-drew (aka sh*tbmxrider)

2005 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo- 230rwkw
2010 Isuzu D-Max LS-M
1990 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7ie
adelaide gtv6
Silver
Silver

Post by adelaide gtv6 »

GTV6GPTT wrote:Actually 13.8 on 6-7psi when i first finished the car, was quiet happy with that.

8)
hey dude hey just wondeing if the italian auto club still do stuff? the web site hasnt been updated 4 ages m8.