Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Talk about perches, how ya doin Bird Brians?

Listen a got a tip for ya. You know how you went to engineering school and they filled your head with all those numbers and stuff, unfortunately when they did that everything you learned in primary school geography fell off your cranium shelf. You see, the land of OZ has no monkeys, gorrillas (except in football) chimpanzees or any of their mates. You continue to make reference to the wrong continent. That's Barry land ya Moo. We have kangaroos remember !

So to restore some normal function to your cranium, here's the good doctor's tip (MD remember). Next time you go to the servo to pump your tyres, stick the air hose in your left ear and put in about 35psi and make sure you plug it with a good sized cork. Just tell your friends its your new dress accessory 'cause you have stopped wearing that earing. Anyhow, I digress... now that you actually have something in your head, please feel free to make use of it. Oh, yeah also take three aspirins a day being a standard MD script. If you don't need 'em, take them anyway, they are bound to ward off something in the future...BTW the next time you wanna talk to me, make an appointment will ya, there's a good boy.

(How long before we get banned JK ?) :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D Everyone is waiting for the Book..So JK is still safe..
:shock: You on the other hand..Id tread carefully..Your ass might be bounced right outta here already..hehe.. :D

Yea,now we wait for Mats to comment on the "your ass "saga.. :D

Mike,dont be sure of the monkey/gorilla thing here anymore...these f**ers are eating them all into extinction here.... :?

BTW,My dogs are getting tired of ROO meat..did you know they make dogfood from your Roo`s?? :?

What is this topic about anyway??
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D :D Oh yea,Its about Jim prancing around Athens in his tutu....What a scary thought......brrrrrrrrrr!! :wink:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Poor Zissis, he is never going to have the courage to introduce himself into Alfa company ever again :!:

Baz, I'll PM you about the 'roos.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hey Jethro or Cangaroo Dundee or whatever it says on your collar, I have some interested buyers from a Swiss research institute, impressed with your (heheh)brain ( :?: ...)They're offering top dollar for it, they say its the only brand new specimen they could locate, still completely unused!! You obviously have no use for it so sneeze carefully and store it in a contact lens case. :lol: :lol:
x
Gold
Gold

Post by x »

Greetings fellow patients!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MD:Do not worry!
In comparison to what i have already heard in person by JimGreek, all of his last comments sound like a sweet nursery song in my ears!!!
As far as your reaction is concerned my opinion is that you should stop being sooo nice to him and start making him to face the bitter truth:
He should sell all his belongings immediately and move Down Under, where after some bottles of Foster's and a few AC-DC LPs will start to think clearly and

BUY A GTV!!! :twisted:

Any way i'll probably meet him tomorrow so i have to rest both my body and my brains in order to withstand another of his epical proportioned 6-cylinder preachings!!!
See you later alligators...
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

That's it, your a$$ is grass and I'm the lawnmower! :lol: Call your relatives and bid them goodbye, tomorrow is your last day on earth, sucker! Your behind will be in orbit as of 14:00 local time, after you have paid for lunch,heheh! :twisted:
God created the world one cylinder at a time, and when he was done with six,he rested for a day! That means 6+1= 7 days per week! This is solid proof he was driving a 6 cylinder car!! :roll:
Lets not hear any more crap from heretic 4cyl infidels :twisted: :twisted: You clowns ever heard of a 5 day week?? Even MD wouldn't think of that one!
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Zissis,

I have to be careful. I don't want to be responsible for importation of contraband contaminants into my homeland. We have half the Greek population living with us now. They are wonderfull and beautifull people. But the thing is, they have been carefully screened. Reject Greek engineers is not something we are currently looking for in our workforce.

I do hear there are some openings for mechanical engineers in our well appointed sewage treatment works and if he is quick maybe he could get a nose in.. or so to speak.

If you are thinking along these lines JK, call on me for a character reference, I am happy to help you out buddy. :D

Small tip: If you get the job, make sure you have lunch off site.
x
Gold
Gold

some more pics (colour)

Post by x »

Hello Gentlemen!!

Some more pics courtesy of a new digi-cam.
Car just out after some body repairs (new paint on front wings,bonnet, roof, winscreen and sunroof out, sills etc)...
One step closer to the vision!
Greetings to MD, Barry and the notorious JimGreek (did you buy a GTV yet??)
Respect.
Attachments
3-4 back.jpg
3-4 back.jpg (166.4 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
3-4 face.jpg
3-4 face.jpg (214.72 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
dash.jpg
dash.jpg (162.18 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
heart.jpg
heart.jpg (205.69 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
interior.jpg
interior.jpg (161.48 KiB) Viewed 8752 times
x
Gold
Gold

Post by x »

And an artistic one...
Attachments
veglia.jpg
veglia.jpg (109.54 KiB) Viewed 8741 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey Zissis,you still want that speedo??
Im shipping stuff to the hooligan in Athens ....
x
Gold
Gold

Post by x »

Hi Barry!!
I see that you are equipped with an excellent memory!
Of course i still want the speedo.
Please inform me about the details.
Thank you man :P
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Aha, there you are Zissis, just got out of jail I suppose?? Did you take your dresses home with ya, or did you leave them for your big hairy Albanian cellmate to remember you by?? :oops:
Hahah, I like your halloween tach...is that from the Rio Carnival??? :roll:
You cheap %$#&** you never showed up to pay fer lunch....You ain't off the hook you know!
May your fuel tank and carbs clog up with water! :twisted:
Have a sleepless night!
Jim K.
x
Gold
Gold

Re: Italian Princess in Greece!!

Post by x »

Hi guys!

Here are some updates on the Italian Princess after a long period of silence...

1.MSD HVC Ignition fitted:Awesome spark and instant starting (but it melted the distributor rotors for fun until we modified some with thicker wire and epoxy)

2. STACK ST200 tachometer: Way expensive but you will fell in love the first time you see one working hard...

3. Alfa 75 Gearbox (Thanks to JK for sourcing it and repairing the 25% LSD): A whole new experience in terms of car behaving through the gears... i have already scrapped my previous GTV 2.0 transmission and i am not returning back!

4. 2,2 turns steering rack (Thanks to Jarmo in Finland): The feeling of driving a real racecar (along with the muscle workout in Athens traffic jams... but i could not have it any other way!)

5. Custom made adjustable front strut brace: First impressions are very positive as the car now feels more solid especially in hard turns...

6. Front caster rod rubbers replaced with custom made ones from Ertalon material.Definite improvement while braking hard and i believe an equal (if not better) and far easier solution than ball joints.

7. Stainless steel 60mm OD two muffler exhaust from a local historic racer (although a new manifold is on the top of my to do list now): More 'pull' from any revs (was i that bad in terms of exhaust performance...)

8. Oil catch tank: Nice touch (the engine bay stays oil free also...)

and finally ladies and gentlemen:

THE SPEEDOMETER FIX!!!

After 13 years of GTV ownership i am proud to state that i have now a speedometer that reads correctly and i repeat CORRECTLY, after of course
a) i figured out at last how this labyrinth of different instruments, transmission sensors and amplifiers works and
b) using the SGI-5 from Dakota digital (these guys are of near holy status in my books) as mentioned in the forum and wiring it all up myself (eat your heart out JK!!!)

More to come, together with the long awaited dyno session...

May the Alfa force be with you!

See ya! 8)

X
Attachments
Strut brace 2.jpg
Strut brace 2.jpg (244.24 KiB) Viewed 6029 times
Strut brace.jpg
Strut brace.jpg (250.79 KiB) Viewed 6029 times
Catch tank.jpg
Catch tank.jpg (190.26 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
MSD.jpg
MSD.jpg (253.91 KiB) Viewed 6027 times