Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
jazig.k
Silver
Silver

installing the MS1, Wideband O2 sensor question

Post by jazig.k »

Iv finished building the ecu, and im just waiting to find another stock one to butcher for the plug to make a harness. im so egar to get it in im almost willing to butcher my only good one... :wink:

i bought a innovate wideband kit and gauge when i got my MS kit.
when i go to put it in the car, do i have to use the original NB o2 sensor for the megasquirt or can i just simply swap in the wideband and change the relevant settings on megatune?

im a little confused about the wiring really, the NB having only 2 wires and the WB having 5, or are the 3 extra just the heater, and gauge signal? honestly i havent looked back into the manual of the LC-1 since i thought of this, i presumed i would have to run the NB and WB...

what has everyone else done?

ill have another read of the manuals tonight and see what i can work out for myself.

thanks guys
Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: installing the MS1, Wideband O2 sensor question

Post by Mats »

Usually Innovate have a simulated NB output from their unit if you can't configure the MS to take a WB input (naturally, the WB would be better). There is usually a WB output from the Innovate stuff as well.
You must use the complete Innovate kit to get a WB signal (ot probably any signal) and you can not replace any connectors on the harness for the WBO2 sensor. This is VERY important to understand.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
jazig.k
Silver
Silver

Post by jazig.k »

thanks,

i understand i have to use the whole kit, and not just bit and pieces.

i had another read last night and brief google before bed, and the lc-1 has a WB signal [brown wire] and a NB [yellow].
from diyautotune's website FAQ i gather i can change the output of these signal wires, not sure if i can change the yellow to give a WB signal though. ill read more about that later.

the brown wire goes to the gauge to give the gauge its signal. can i just 'T' in to supply the megsquirt with a WB signal? or should i use the NB sigal by itself?

i can imagin t'ing in would cause a problem.
jazig.k
Silver
Silver

Post by jazig.k »

http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=36125

i found my answer!

thanks,
and im sure ill be back!