Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
mac74
Silver
Silver

Readymade megasquirt?

Post by mac74 »

Hi all!

I've just installed a 3.0l engine in my GTV6. Since I don't have the 75 harness/ecu i'm thinking of using megasquirt.

Can I buy a megasquirt-box readymade with l-jetronic connector somewhere?
I'm not that into the idea of me soldering it together...

Another option would be a modified 2.5 Ecu but I don't know of anyone doing that...
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hi Mac..I believe ready made MS units are acvailable at a price..In S.A. we have a fellow making them and trading..
Anyone else have some info here??
Tommy Cooney
Silver
Silver

Post by Tommy Cooney »

Yes Mac, Barry is right you can buy them preassembled. You may still have to make some mods (ie fuel pump, or if you want to run ignition), but if you buy from one of the more experienced assemblers, and communicate to them exactly what you want, including documentation for your application (This site is by far the best for v6 alfas) they should be able to make you a plug and play. You will have to source a l- jet socket and make a short pigtail adapter to go to your l-jet harness. There is much documentation on this site as to what pin controlls what function, so the adapter should be a piece of cake.

As to where to buy go to the megasquirt forum page scroll down to the bottom and there is a whole section to vendors selling kits and preassembled. Or look on Ebay. Either way good luck. BTW I havent megasquirted yet so I hope Im not speaking out of turn(you experinced squirters correct me if Im wrong) but Ive been doing the research and will be ordering a kit soon.
Tommy Cooney
Silver
Silver

Post by Tommy Cooney »

Yes Mac, Barry is right you can buy them preassembled. You may still have to make some mods (ie fuel pump, or if you want to run ignition), but if you buy from one of the more experienced assemblers, and communicate to them exactly what you want, including documentation for your application (This site is by far the best for v6 alfas) they should be able to make you a plug and play. You will have to source a l- jet socket and make a short pigtail adapter to go to your l-jet harness. There is much documentation on this site as to what pin controlls what function, so the adapter should be a piece of cake.

As to where to buy go to the megasquirt forum page scroll down to the bottom and there is a whole section to vendors selling kits and preassembled. Or look on Ebay. Either way good luck. BTW I havent megasquirted yet so I hope Im not speaking out of turn(you experinced squirters correct me if Im wrong) but Ive been doing the research and will be ordering a kit soon.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It seems to me the price of Gotech is pretty close to that of pre assembled Megasquirt. Wouldn't Gotech be a lot easier?
mac74
Silver
Silver

Post by mac74 »

Thanks for your replies!

I'll have to dig in a bit on Gotech. Seems reasonably priced.

If I would be happy with a 2.5 ecu modified to 3.0 specs where do I turn to find one?

Greg, aren't you about to publish some info on modifying l-jetronic ecu's?
Thought I read something about that....

/Mac
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I am planning to have a section on modifying L-Jet injection computers, but it's kind of a low priority project. It's also somewhat obsolete with the advent of Gotech and Megasquirt.