Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Testing questions before I try to run this thing.

Post by zambon »

Ok, so I have built my harness adaptor and I have modded my board. Now I have the MS I V3 on the stim. D14 on MS is flashing quickly, D15 is solid on, and d16 is off.
On the stim, inj1 and 2 are flashing, FIdle is solid on, and pump is unlit. I assume this is because I have a modded fuel pump relay.

On Megatune, everything seems to be working :)

Does this sound like a properly functioning MS?
Last edited by zambon on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Ok, I read the manual and every LED is checking out except the fuel pump one. I assume this is due to the mods in the fuel pump relay.
How do I test the fuel pump mod on the bench? Can I check voltage at some point on the board?
Also, what do I want to be running with my MS? MS I or MSnS? This is choosing the type of code to load onto the board, right?
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Hi Zambon

You are correct, the stim doesn't recognise the fuel pump because the mod has changed the polarity of the output signal and all diodes such as the LED's in the stim are polarity sensitive.

If everything else checks out on megatune, then it's ready to try in the car!

I can post the fuel & fuel and spark tables I tuned on the dyno if you're interested? It could speed up the initial tuning for you.

S
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I think I have corrupted my firmware. Test run will have to wait.
I would like your fueling tables though. Spark too, but I am going for fuel only first.
Does that mean you are running MSnSe? Is that the firmware I should run?
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Yep I'm running MSnsextra version... errmm... can't remember for sure, will check.

There's no reason why you can't just use the default B&G code and tuning software, it's perfectly good. I just use the later developed versions for these reasons:
Wanted spark control, the firmware upgrade completely cures "tach spikes" because it seems to ignore ludicrous rpm changes from one cycle to the next, there's far more features, therefore far more scope for tuning. On the downside more control = more scope for the user buggering it up! Guess how I know :wink:

The B&G stuff will be absolutely fine to get it up and running pretty good on fuel only. I'll send my fuel table over tonight, mines 12x12 sites and yours will be 8x8 but I'll point which sites I think you should use.

If you do go for the later versions MS site recomends ECU firmware version 024s9 with megatune v 514 I think. I'm running an older version as I discovered small bug in megatune 514 with regard to the tuning grid plot tracking, it's a visibility thing rather than aything affecting how it works.

Firmware messed up? - Just reload it, which is a pretty strightforward process if you pay attention to a couple of key things:
Make sure you KNOW exactly what version you are loading - writing it on the ECU is probably a good ides! Are you using a 0-5v TPS or the stock GTV6 on/off one? I ask as a reminder that the stock tps needs mapdot code rather than tpsdot code.

The only real problem with using the later MSnSextra codes rather than the B&G stuff is there's a bit of file swapping needed to avoid version conflict errors when running it. This makes the set up processmore complex and IMHO you might want to avoid the added complexity until you've got it running and have the "feel" of it.

Great sense of achievement when it starts for the first time!
83' GTV6, 3.0 24v supercharged