Ideas for improving the site? Notice any problems? Please report them here.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Why does Avatar have to be under 13kb?

Post by GarthW »

Just wanted to ask if anyone can tell me any little tricks to loading an Avatar with good size and quality..? I would like to have photo of my car but by the time i shrink it down its not worth putting it up. Then i've noticed the other avatar photos, and they are huge compared to mine :cry:

Does file size really have to be 13kb for avatars? I had one photo down to 12.8kb, still wouldnt go thru...

I've got adobe image ready and photoshop, but not really that familiar with it lol :roll:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Bandwidth conservation - for one, speed of loading a close second.
Each time you load a page, all the images are served up by the alfagtv6.com server and that all costs money. The larger the images, the more data needs to be transferred over the network. Besides, massive images in the left frame would impinge on the content in the main frame.
I have made an avatar for you and replaced your old one - its < 3k bytes and does not look too bad.
I made it with Photoshop.
A squarer image looks better too (max size is 130x130 of course) - side view of a car is by definition rectangular...
Attachments
callaway_avatar.jpg
callaway_avatar.jpg (2.48 KiB) Viewed 20126 times
Michael
1981 GTV6
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Ah thankyou Michael.

If i have trouble can i email you photo and you could load it as my avatar..? :oops:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.