Peter A
Silver
Silver

Alfetta Stainless Bumpers on a GTV6

Post by Peter A »

I'm thinking of putting euro stainless bumpers on my GTV6, Reoriginals has them...I always liked the cleaner look of the Alfetta. Anybody know if they will bolt on?
GTV2.8
Silver
Silver

Post by GTV2.8 »

As far as I have been told they certainly won't bolt-on.

You would need a new rear valance, new front, maybe new front wings. Not for the faint-hearted.

This chap in Switzerland, Armin, did exactly what you want to do. You can find pics of his car in www.alfateile.de, in the "Freunde" ("Friends") section. I suppose the owner/webmaster could possibly get you in touch with him. Incidentally, in the same section there is someone who has a Turbodelta hood/bonnet installed in his Alfetta.

If you do go ahead with your conversion please keep us posted - or at least send me a private message! By the way, can Reoriginals be found on the Web?
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

www.reoriginals.com

Went to buy the bumpers and they no longer have them, I'll have to give them a call.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

bumpers

Post by x-rad »

Peter,

I had the same idea. I decided to hold on the stainless bumper idea for now. The whole reason was to get my old Alfetta grill in place as I think it is much nicer than the plastic GTV6 grill. To do that, I needed to lower the bumper. Also, as you stated, Reorig's does not have them anymore...

I did find a set of bright aluminum GTV6 bumps which look better than the painted black ones..
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

I agree about the grill, I used to have a 78 Alfetta and the grillwork was different than the 79 that my brother had (79 looked like the GTV6, I think). Right now I have a Lester front bumper, which was on the car when I bought it and I don't really like it.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I saved my old Alfetta grill just in case I come across a set of bumps that fit...
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Finally found a set of stainless alfetta bumps and the mounts to put them on my GTV6. The rubber pieces sre shot, though. These are so light, probably about 5-8 lbs each. Much less than the alu ones. Although, they are so thin I think that if I go over 90 mph, the front one will probably bend in. Not much protection, but they look sharp!
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

Picture would be great, can you manage?
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

x-rad wrote:Finally found a set of stainless alfetta bumps and the mounts to put them on my GTV6. The rubber pieces sre shot, though. These are so light, probably about 5-8 lbs each. Much less than the alu ones. Although, they are so thin I think that if I go over 90 mph, the front one will probably bend in. Not much protection, but they look sharp!
Trust me, they're good for at least 120mph.. tested for about a 20minute straight period, bumps, corners and all. they didn't move a bit :P
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

NICE!

I will try to get some pics. If you want to see what they look like, check out Brian Berger's link on our home page. I just don't have the big rubber bump pieces....

http://www.alfagtv6.com/b_berger.htm