jaxon
Silver
Silver

Euro bumpers for GTV6

Post by jaxon »

Does anyone know a source for euro bumpers for the GTV6? And while on the subject, do those bumpers require any fabrication or different brackets to fit the American version. They make the car look even sleeker, while eliminating about 60 pounds. Any suggestions or comments on whether it is a worthwhile pursuit is appreciated.
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

If anyone finds a good source for them, POST THEM!!! I'd love to get rid of the clunky US bumpers that i've got. Of course, wheels and tires first...but the bumpers have got to go!

Rob
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

Vince Bhachu in the UK had bumpers, don't know if he has any left, you could try his website or email:

http:www.gtvince.com

vbhachu@aol.com

I am not his agent but he has most things and ships all over the world.

If not eb spares used to have some, don't know if they've sold out.

Mind you what are us Europeans going to do when we crash if all our bumpers are in the US of A? :lol:
nicke
Silver
Silver

Post by nicke »

The EURO bumpers bolt right on, I just put a pair of them on my car. If you find them make sure you'll get all the brackets.

And the guy I got them from doesn't have any more of them...

Good luck, Nick
FrankG
Silver
Silver

Post by FrankG »

I'm from the school of thought that the original design of the 116 coupe suffered from the US safety rule inspired mods. This winter my plan is to relocate the rear bumper closer to the body by re fabbing or modifying the rear bumper shocks.

My plans also include removing the front and rear body sidelights, the body side mouldings and the plastic pieces at the back of the rear wheels. The later model grey plastic looking surface between the body side moulding and the rocker plastic has also got to go.

If only the alfetta gt hood would clear the engine.....

Frank G

PS-Anyone have any ideas for better looking, smaller outside mirrors, I'm open to suggestions
nvenuto
Silver
Silver

Post by nvenuto »

does anyone know if the evo style front bumper and spoiler from a 75 will fit a gtv6 with no mod??
jaxon
Silver
Silver

Post by jaxon »

Hey Nicke:

Thanks for the info. Just to be sure....do they bolt in with 2 brackets each in the front and back?
nicke
Silver
Silver

Post by nicke »

There's two smaller "U" shaped brackets for the front, that mates with the 4 screws that hold the impact shocks, these are screwed on with the front lifted up from the under-side. Remove the side plastic covers and mate to the screw that the US style bumpers slide out from, the dirctional lights have only two wire connectors, since the Euro cars dont run the blinkers as driving lights.

For the rear there's 2 more "J" shape brackets that mount the same way as the front, exept that the "rubber" has to be off and they're screwed on from the rear, the same on the sides.

If you find a set of bumpers, be extremely careful remowing the "rubber" part, since it has to come off to mount them, and you don't want to break any pins...

Good luck, Nick

P.S. For my race car project, I'd love to fit a 75/Milano EVO style fron bumper/splitter, Possible? Anyone?
Attachments
Rear euro bumpers mounted... Note lack of ugly cover plate...
Rear euro bumpers mounted... Note lack of ugly cover plate...
mishap_after.jpg (98.45 KiB) Viewed 13228 times
81GTV6
Gold
Gold

Post by 81GTV6 »

This winter im planning on making some fiberglass bumpers, sideskirts, and maybe fender flares for my future GTV6 track car. Something to make it a bit more areodynamic and mean looking :twisted:!!!
Jacob Ricciotti

'81 GTV6 3.0
'81 GTV6 Track car
'91 164S daily driver
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

While you're at it...make me a set too! I'll send ya' 50$ for materials and a self addressed stamped envelope...just slide 'em in there!!! :lol:
81GTV6
Gold
Gold

Post by 81GTV6 »

Well i cant just use a little white 4x9 envelope!!!!

Send it in a 12x15 and i might be able to squeeze them in there :wink:
Jacob Ricciotti

'81 GTV6 3.0
'81 GTV6 Track car
'91 164S daily driver
hutchensgd
Gold
Gold

Euro bumpers

Post by hutchensgd »

The last time I checked with Vince he had two full sets ready to ship.

I am thinking about changing out my current bumpers for these as well.
Glenn
Smithy
Silver
Silver

Bumpers

Post by Smithy »

Does anyone have 1985 gtv6 front bumper with indicator lenses and those inserts on the corners. Located in Australia?
arguti
Silver
Silver

Post by arguti »

Hi

First post on this site.

I live in the Uk and currently have a1992 GTV6 UK specification rolling shell which I will be dismantling soon.

Not sure what shipping costs would be but I have the bumpers, grill, lights, etc - basically the complete bodyshell although bottom of doors fenders, battery box and innner wings are not the most healthy.

thanks
Stephen
jrreeve
Gold
Gold

Post by jrreeve »

Any pic's of the bumpers? I'd be interested!

'92 GTV6?