Peacock
Silver
Silver

Cancer

Post by Peacock »

I have an 81 gtv6 and there are a couple of spots of rust just now starting to bubble the paint. Is there a resource available to purchase body parts. New or used. Thanks in advance. Cool Fourm!
Peter A
Silver
Silver

gtv6 body parts

Post by Peter A »

The short answer, I think, is no. Depending on the parts you need, you can get some nice patch pieces from Wolf Steel, www.alfaparts.net. You can get a few patch pieces from IAP. Otherwise NOS or replacement parts are nearly impossible to find.

I just went through this in preparing to fix my GTV6 which was sideswiped on the passenger side by an Isuzu delivey van. Ended up securing a Maratona as a donor car. I still have the car, right side is good for donations, I used the left side. Maybe you can use the rest?

I was advised not to use an Alfetta for parts, poor grade steel and some changes in structure that are not apparent from external inspection.

If you need a door or hatch, I know where you can secure these pieces.

After visits to several shops, my advice for what its worth is to find somebody that knows how to take apart and put a car back together. Not like a new car where they just bolt on panels!

There is a shop up in connecticut by lime rock, Alfas Unlimited, that had a complete roller for sale. They sent me pics, it looked pretty good.
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Denver »

APE (Alfa Parts Exchange) is also a good source for body parts. There are generally pictures on their web site as to the parts cars they currently have.
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

I forgot about APE, but I had spoken with them in the past and they seemed to have reasonable inventory.
Peacock
Silver
Silver

Post by Peacock »

Thanks for the suggestions. I have checked IAP, but not the others. I have a line on a cheezed 81, but it is in Calif. I bought a welder, so perhaps I can mangle it up some myself! NOT
Thanks again