x-rad
Verde
Verde

Front Grill

Post by x-rad »

Had to remove front grill. Several of the headlight adjusting screws broke. Anyone know of a source for these?
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

how many do you need,I've got a broken parts grill-might have enough.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Thanks for answering. Well, four of the plastic slide adjusting screws or whatever you can spare(as long as the are not too rusted). All of my 'spring' screws are fine. The other grill mounted screws are too frozen and I am going to have to remove the little metal housing and try to rig something. I am sure I can find the 'c' clips somewhere.
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

well,I just located all three pieces of the grill and good news,every screw to hold the headlights in is fine-mail me with your address and i'll send them out to you.burgersix@ hotmail.com-oh ,anyone else ,I have an '81 gtv6 parts car,may have what you need...
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

does anyone have a grill to sell me? no emblem is fine by me. i left my baby parked over night on the street in jersey and seemingly some ass in an suv put his bumper through my grill. no offense to all of you respectful suv drivers out there! the iap new units are just so expensive. i am located in nyc and i am planning on going to watkins glen for track days on 5/8, 7/20-21 and i will also be at summit point 6/10 so i will be getting around if i need to come pick it up
thanks,
vittorio
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

check out:
www.alfaclassifieds.com or maybe Bruce's Parts Bin(South Jersey).
They often have GTG6 parts cars. If you want to spend the cash, I compared other vendors as well but IAP seemed to have the cheapest price for new grill.
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

Try Alfas Unlimited,they might have a good used grill,and they are not too far from N.Y.C...
Michael Conrey
Silver
Silver

Post by Michael Conrey »

I have a good spare grill I would be willing to sell if you haven't found one yet.

Michael Conrey
Smithsburg, MD
301-824-3588
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Headlight Grill Screw Housing replacement

Post by x-rad »

Two of the metal reatining 'pots' for the upper inner adjusting screws rusted out. As a fix, i purchased brass inserts(the type place into wood in order to use fine thread screws) at a local hardware store. They generally have many sizes so I found one with a snug fit . Its wide threads piloted right into the hole in the grill left by the now removed 'pot.' Fixed it in the hole with a little epoxy. Just use stainless screws in the headlight surround and you are good to go.
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

thanks to any and everyone who emailed me about their grills. i purchased one of the four on ebay for 65 dollars. so i am happy. check out my post under the fuel injection collumn. help is needed!
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Sorry to see alfa's parted out but at least they are being recycled! Good luck with the grill.