Burger
Silver
Silver

modified mounts

Post by Burger »

Hi all,long time reader,first time poster...anyhow,I've been looking at the bumper shock/mounts for a long time now and thinking they would be easy to shorten,thus bringing the U.S. spec bumpers in close to the body for that euro look.I was also going to cut out sections in the front bumper and mount 86 prelude front signals in there,it would really clean things up-anyone attempted this?any thoughts?
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I was considering the same thing. I picked up a pair of toyota mr2 turn signals which seemed to follow the bumper curve. But, I have not got around to cutting the bumper or even getting it off the car yet.
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

Yeah,I guess my real concern about shortening the shock/mount is what will happen when I try to cut that thing.Does it have compressed gas in there?should I be worried?
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

if you are going to be cutting and welding... why not just eliminate the whole shock tube all together? you could prob use some sort of steel round bar or tube and just weld half inch plate or whatever on to thr tube/bar... drill holes... no worries