elbilly
Silver
Silver

MY GTV6 restoration

Post by elbilly »

Here is my project, this is 1986 GTV6 with all the exterior restored top and bottom, but the body shop had never painted a GTV6 so they when ahead and painted the bumper aluminum part with black pain, i guess this is a typical error shops make, my next step is the head liner, carpet and seats, i'm not sure if i should recover the original seats or get some vintage recaros or momos, i was thinking of getting some aftermarket wheels, but i don't want to get something flashy or too morden, so i want something classic i guess not more than 16" by 7 or 7.5.
anyway here are some pictures of the car.
I hope you like it.
Attachments
broken windshield, got it replace with a great deal, thanks to Douglas from alfa club of S. CA
broken windshield, got it replace with a great deal, thanks to Douglas from alfa club of S. CA
GTV6 before 1.JPG (2.59 KiB) Viewed 6745 times
front painted, car being polished
front painted, car being polished
IMG_0045.JPG (121.13 KiB) Viewed 6748 times
this ia side view, looks like the body shop knows what they are doing, what you think?
this ia side view, looks like the body shop knows what they are doing, what you think?
IMG_0047.JPG (103.06 KiB) Viewed 6750 times
El_Billy
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

very nice 6......id love to lay my hands on a set of those seats...on the west coast
elbilly
Silver
Silver

Restoration coming along ok, need help

Post by elbilly »

Hey Guys!
Anybody knows if alfetta tims are compatible with GTV6 trim parts? like the window trim, gutters, and seals?
Thank you
El_Billy
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

Yes I think so. The earlier Alfetta outside trims are chrome and not black.
elbilly
Silver
Silver

Restoration

Post by elbilly »

Hi, thanks for the replay, I think i'm just going to take the ones i have off and restore them my self, but I also have more questions.
Headlights: are BMW 3serie from the 80 to 90 compatible with the GTV6, and how much modifications will they need to fit my gtv6?
thank you
El_Billy
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

gtv6 uses STANDARD small size paired headlights found in TONS of cars..even the headlights in my 58 ford are the same size and part #

i "think" that bmw is the right size and type

fetta chrome on a gtv6..ive contemplated that for a while now..as i have a FULL set of fetta chrome