mmelton
Silver
Silver

Alfetta clip to GTV6?

Post by mmelton »

An airhead involved with her cell phone ran a red and wiped out the front of my just-out-of-the-paint-shop GTV6. My friend Alfa Stan says there's an Alfetta Sprint Veloce available cheap in town. Does anyone know if I can have that Alfetta front clip grafted onto my GTV6? Are dimensions the same? I hear "I'm sure they are," but I'd like a little more concrete assurance. Anyone had this surgery done? Or privy to factory drawings/dimensions/engineering information?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mel Melton
'85 GTV6 (Old Red)
'86 GTV6 (New Red)
'84, '88 Spiders
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

HI
Not sure of your termologly (english) but you cant use left and right front fenders or lower valence or front cradle(area where radiator goes) but you can use top valence or top 'clip' . Make sure you put the joins back in on the sides when weldind it in. post some pics.
AlfaTipo
Gold
Gold

Post by AlfaTipo »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Greatest fear is wrecking a vehicle with little to no hope of finding body parts. New paint too.

On Friday the 13th? I may have to stop walking under ladders....
Jef
85 GTV6 'Gina G2' Shankle cams and headers Resting Serious rebuild in the future
85 GTV6 'Gina G3' Sold but missed.
www.motozane.com
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

You really need to find parts from a GTV6. There are a lot of little variations with most of the Alfetta parts.

Greg,
www.hiperformancestore.com
mmelton
Silver
Silver

Post by mmelton »

Thanks, guys, for the information. You've saved me money, time, effort, and the spectre of yet another Alfa carcass in the side yard (my wife's tolerance is amazing. But of course, she likes Alfas, too. Her daily driver is our '88 Spider).

Greg, your headlight conversion was second on my priorities list for this car, right after my A/C renovation. I do 90 miles of country road every Sunday night, so I was looking forward to looking much further down that road with your lights and relays. Looks like everything's set back a few months now.

Kevin, you ghoul, I've been trying since Monday to attach nude pics of the battered body for your macabe enjoyment. I must be the only Ludite on this forum who can't make that work. Or maybe it's my crappy ISP. Yeah: That's it. It's the ISP's fault. Sorry. Just imagine a brilliant arrest-me red GTV6 (bumpers and body cladding in red, too), deep shine, near perfection, with the driver's side front all wadded up like aluminum foil, the suspension broken and wheel canted in at top, hood bent and latch ripped from the fire wall, bumper mangled and pushed and hooked around hard enough to punch about half that much damage into the passenger side.

My paint 'n' body guy said he'd have no problem grafting on a new front clip, and I'm slowly uncovering some doner bodies (one in Birmingham, Ala., one in Alexandria, Va. so far, but I'm hopeful of finding something in Auburn or Atlanta). So I'm a little more hopeful.

Thanks again, everybody, for the sound advice.
Mel Melton
'85 GTV6 (Old Red)
'86 GTV6 (New Red)
'84, '88 Spiders