x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Gregory: when I first saw the pic you photoshopped of my car, I almost said...gee , that looks better...but then I talked myself out of it! :D

Thanks GG!
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Greg Gordon wrote:I think it looks great the way it is, but smoothed in will probably be even better.
xrad: yeah, then you see the smooth hood and it's as though something is missing - it's too plain! I like the look of what you did a lot - the way it is now is a bit more functional/race looking, if it was finished off smooth and nice it would be a bit more production looking - just depends on what you're after.

So, kick me but I am seriously considering buying another hood to vent like the S.A. 3.0 - the only thing is that I don't think anyone could match the silver from the hood to the body without blending it ... or maybe have it painted black ... could be a good Fall season project. :)

GV
20-Years-3-Motors-Later
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

in terms of hood scoops, I am not sure if this does anything more than add to wind resistance...

but the car otherwise looks great!

ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-ALF ... dZViewItem
Attachments
42a8_3.jpg
42a8_3.jpg (83.71 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

yuck
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

I know I'm a newbie and all (hey! I go pick up my car in lala land tomorrow, back in the biggedy biggedy O in time for ten o'clock news),

I really dig x-rad's idea, my idea is to make (have fabricated) an alluminum billet piece, anodized and to follow (perhaps) the original contour of the piece, which I always liked alot on my father's GTV-6. Anodized alluminum billet can really bring a piece like that to life, give it a brilliance that it admittedly lacks, the finished color would be all important of course, I'm thinking of a titanium finish, something understated to ramp down the pimp-like flash that an illuminating finish might provoke.

Newbie.

David B.
SlewofDamascus
Gold
Gold

Post by SlewofDamascus »

Also, if I might, the difference in material, the difference in texture of the piece, creates an important aesthetic statement (between the hood and the stylistic piece in question), which is one reason I think the oem piece works (for me), at least theoretically.

Thanks.

David B.