tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Paint done

Post by tImBoWe »

Finished putting the windows back in last night and most of the interior today after work. I'm pretty happy with the result. Good to know that the rust is remedied. Turned out to be a lot more of it than we bargined for. Still a few minor niggles to sort but over all its great to be driving it again after 6 months. :D
Attachments
Bond Gtv.JPG
Bond Gtv.JPG (225.02 KiB) Viewed 8021 times
Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Post by Nicholas »

That looks great, got any more pics? What is the colour? charcoal or metallic grey?
Nick
GTV630
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey tim, great car but is it true that the yellow recycler is actually turbo charged ?? :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

looks SHARP!
gtv11636
Gold
Gold

Post by gtv11636 »

excelent :P
Its so nice to know there are still pepole who love ther car that much that will still invest in it even though the rust problems.
grate job man :wink:

BTW - Do you have any pictures of the rust problems before, during, and after repairs ?
I would love seeing that, as I'm standing in front of same project myself 8)
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

looks great tim.

Where did you get it painted?
will have to check it out someday to see the finished result.

Karl
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Beautiful color! I want :D

Damn must have felt great getting back on the road again! :)

Hey Carl, got any pics of your alfa that i see in your avatar...?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Alfa GTV6 NZ
Gold
Gold

Post by Alfa GTV6 NZ »

Hi garth,

See this link for my pictures.

http://alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t= ... 0edfdf514f
Karl
1987 GTV6 - Livin in New Zealand.
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

MD, the red recycle bin, obscured from view in shot, is where we brew the nitro-methane super dog poo, top fuel that powers the Yellow "Super Bin". Legend in the street. Nic, the colour is a period Alfa spec but the chart from which I pick had no name just a 7 or 8 digit code.
GTV36, I do have vivid images of the rust before starting the project. Unfortunatley the are etched into my brain and not digitally retrievable. I may have some pics of the rust from when I bought the car taken by the P/O. I'll have a look. The thing is be prepared for about 50 % more problem than you can see before you start. A good coat of paint can hide a lot of work. Had rusted out holes in the pass- side (left) under the windscreen corner. At the bottom of the pass-side front door pillar. Drivers door had a hole right through the size of a large coin. The hatch at the bottom left side underneath the rubber where water had sat. Awkard to get the lines right on the hatch by all accounts. MAde nice job though. Battery box down in the seams where dirt and water get starting to rot.

There was a lot more than we expected. Any where there was going to be dirt or water sitting we wirebrushed back, "Rustroy"ed (hard rust deactivtor) then under-seal with an underseal gun. Spray alot of under seal under it.

Karl, a guy I work with painted it at his at house. He's a self taught panel/paint man. Very thorough. He paint up a WB ute I had once in Venetion Red. Amazing job far too cheap. As was this job. Still its not totally finished yet. He wants to see it again to touch up some chips and small imperfections. He just finished, before he took my job on, an XB Falcon GT. Real nice!

Yep I really missed driving it, especially for 6 month's. Good cars!
Attachments
Brown ALfa.jpg
Brown ALfa.jpg (157.62 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
Open Alfa.jpg
Open Alfa.jpg (212.86 KiB) Viewed 7880 times
Sth beach ALfa.jpg
Sth beach ALfa.jpg (161.72 KiB) Viewed 7879 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Those are some real SWEET pics....

hope the seagull shit will not land on your car!!
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

It was'nt so much seagulls this year. It was another type of maingey seabirds that nest in the roof of the office building at work. Those pricks shat over everything far and wide. Small bird big load. Then one day they all packed up and buggered off somewhere else. Been a shit free enviroment round the carpark area for the last week or so. Good timing cause I reckon the yellowy cream colour of bird shit wont go that well with the new scheme. :wink: