x-rad
Verde
Verde

Headlights

Post by x-rad »

Shopping around for an inexpensive way to upgrade standard light to H bulb series, I found these and bought 2 sets, about 30$ for one side

Look at

http://item.express.ebay.com/5-3-4-H500 ... xpressItem

These will be mounted in a BMW light mount since my grill screws and buckets are rusted beyond repair. Also, grille will be remodeled after the Alfetta style (big chrome center)
Attachments
fc_1_b.jpg
fc_1_b.jpg (26.91 KiB) Viewed 3810 times
don hodgdon
Silver
Silver

Post by don hodgdon »

Did you ever get the lights? What do you think of them? Are you installing relays?
don
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

DON..Here is post #500...yes, received the lights...very NICE for the price..just as described....will be mounted into BMW e30 light mounts and then into Alfa with new front grille (Alfetta style, maybe machined aluminum?)..new relays, too. The whole setup cost about 100$ ebay dollars.

If you do this conversion..try to get the metal BMW housing..it is easier to weld or bolt to the Alfa. Just remember, it does not fit the original plastic Alfa surround.

these lamps have the appropriate rear indents so they fit right into the BMW housing...

Just a matter of time and getting my 220volt outlet in the garage sos I can weld the suckers in place...
Attachments
Required Alfa parts spares...
Required Alfa parts spares...
lights 001.jpg (243.83 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
new light in BMW housing..easily adjustable
new light in BMW housing..easily adjustable
lights 002.jpg (189.03 KiB) Viewed 3501 times
Preview of the new 'look'...slightly different spacing and lateral lamp depth..but no big deal..have new BMW chome surrounds, too..(can't find at the moment...)  Bug Eye Alfa?
Preview of the new 'look'...slightly different spacing and lateral lamp depth..but no big deal..have new BMW chome surrounds, too..(can't find at the moment...) Bug Eye Alfa?
lights 003.jpg (179.17 KiB) Viewed 3501 times