x-rad
Verde
Verde

Turn signals

Post by x-rad »

After much time looking, I think that I have found a decent replacement for the front turn signals (USA version). I hve the stainless bumpers so my look is a little different than others....

I found these three inch led lights (much brighter) with amber lenses. Will mount them to top of bumper or off the body just to the inside of the headlights.. or underneath...
Attachments
UP38853.jpg
UP38853.jpg (15.8 KiB) Viewed 5292 times
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

Is the round lite something you are looking for?Without seeing your stainless bumper ,I think they might look kind of tacked on...I've got rectangular amber lenses from an '87 Prelude that tuck under the bumper nicely and are slightly smaller than stock.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I won't be mounting them directly to the bumper...probably off the shock mount somehow...

Burger, show some pics of your lights..

I was actually thinking of using 90-91 Spider turnsignals mounted under the bumper as well...
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

I'm still thinking about turning one of my front bumpers into a "euro"style.I will see if I can get some pics in the next few days,the car is winter stored...
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I had a spare US bumper and thought of doing the same...but the problem was the black rubber strip. If you cut it to put lights in, you lose support for the outer plastic pieces... I guess you can do it if you find some other way of attaching the plastic end caps..

Here is a pic of the look I was going for. I am also replacing the original black mirrors with chrome ones..
Attachments
alfalight.JPG
alfalight.JPG (129.46 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
Burger
Silver
Silver

Post by Burger »

Going for that old school!You've got those Alfetta taillights too.The turn signals look better than what was in my mind's eye.