PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Power mirrors, or are they?

Post by PietereQ »

I really want to finally get rid of my proxy, late fiat 126 mirrors, since the originals on my car were stolen - claimed the previous owner. I noticed that the the ring (well actually it's a rounded square) around the small joystick can be rotated only to the left and back to central posotion. Does it mean that only driver's side mirror was electric and the passengers' side was operated manually? Doesn't seem too logical to me since passengers' side mirror is far less accessible than those of the drivers' side. I have always thought that usually both mirrors should be elecrically operated.
Thanks,
Pete
x
Gold
Gold

Post by x »

Pietere,
there are two types of electric mirror switches: one that controls only the driver mirror (because in most cars the passenger mirror was extra) and one that controls both mirrors, is virtually unobtainable now (you can look up in e-bay though) and has a ring selector for switching between the two mirrors.

X
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I am thinking the same thing, I can't understand why the passenger mirror is not electric. it's so hard to adjust even from outside the car.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Thanks guys now i know to look for one manually operated mirror and a powered one. :lol: I just love the Italian logics

Btw, has anyone two of these for sale?
Billy
Gold
Gold

Post by Billy »

There is an other solution.
Do it as I did in mine.
Take a look at the pictures I put in the post called
"Greetings from Switzerland" in the "introduce yourself" chapter.

As I could not find the double switch, I used two single ones.

Tell me what you think about this solution.

Best regards

Billy
Long live to snakes on wheels !