brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Seeking New GTV6 Tail Lite Lense

Post by brookstroutr »

Anyone know where I can get a new left rear tail lite lens? I've sourced a right one and I need a left one.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

ebay uk or usa, also Denoya trading post on ebay
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

I've been watching ebay for these lens for about 1 1/2 years; US, UK, IT, De, Au etc. and haven't seen any NEW lens. Louie at DeNoya only has used ones as well. I'm looking for a NEW one.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Have you tried Re-Originals ? They show them on this page.

http://www.reoriginals.com/index.asp?Pa ... egory=7419
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

Yes. of course they've been out for some time now. I'd have to get a loan on my car to buy one from them...
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

i could have sworn i just saw a set go for sale on one of the foregin ebay sites... sometimes you have to search for something like carello tail or altissimo tail light. good luck!
vittorio
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

Vittorio,

I've been steady watching the US & overseas major sites for these for some time now and only found used ones mainly in US, Spain, UK and Italy. I'm trying to freshen up my GTV6 which I've gotten new front turn signal lens. New grilles, badging and lens really make an older car look good as well as functioning better.

There's a guy on the Maser Biturbo forum that has Alfas as well and lives in Italy searching for these rear lens. The problem with these are the plastic fades & fatigues over the years. The mounting studs somtimes crack the lens due to their install method. I want some NOW before they are gone forever.

BTW, I just checked Re-Originals site and they only list the rear bracket and NO lens now. If I recall, they wanted about $350 each!!! OUCH>>>
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Comparison.

Post by John in Denver »

Brookstroutr: I see you have an 84 M635 as well as an 84 GTV6. How do you compare the two? I've been thinking about getting a 635 for some time. I'm not much of a BMW enthusiast and love my 83 GTV6 but I think the 80's 6 series look great. The M's are all too rare of course and I'd be lucky to find one of those. :?:
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

I had an '85 M635CSi from '90 til last year that was the only car (#36 of 54 personal cars) I kept for any great length of time. I did own an '83 GTV6 from '84 til '90. I missed the GTV6 so much that I finally told myself, self, go find another...so I did a couple of years ago.

The GTV6 I call the "little brother" of the M635CSi. The Euro 'M' is really quite pleasing as well as a good daily driver and fantastic track cars. My GTV6 will be up to the 'M's' standards as I'm getting ready to install an '86 transaxle, 3.0 ltr Verde engine to 'S' specs with probably a Gotech, full suspension & brake upgrades - and I mean every bushing on the chassis.

I also do all the badging, etc. that I mentioned for the exterior aestetics. That's why I need the other NEW tail lite lens.

BTW, The GTV6 and M6 just happened to be 2 of the top 5 cars in european cars' article a few years back called "Keeper Coupes". The M6 & GTV6 have a lot of similar characteristics albeit drivetrain differences. The E24 6 series was actually originally penned by an Italian, but credit was given elsewhere, unfortunately. Look close at a Euro and you can see Italian influence.
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

hey Brooke, i'm in Melb, australia, can get you a rear tail light lens here :wink:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
brookstroutr
Gold
Gold

Post by brookstroutr »

Thanks, but I found a complete set of lens and housings - NEW OEM in the box. Look sweeeettt...
Regards,

N. G. Brooks Robinson
'84 GTV6
'84 M635CSi