mjr
Platinum
Platinum

windows seals

Post by mjr »

Hi all,

after trying Highwood motor company, and eb spares without success, im hoping that I can soucrce the following from the US or OZ. I am looking for the lower window seals for all windows, ie front doors, rear windows, triangular windows etc. These are the seals that stop water running into the body work. My seals have really shrunk and are now letting water into the doors and body, which is a pain in the ass, as I cant get the car out in the rain. :( . Does anyone have asource for these?

thanks
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

Any luck with 'SCOTTSOLDRUBBER'??
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

eh? :?: who is that?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

MJR

Even if you do get lucky and score the original item, you are in for some fun and games (not) trying to fit them. Best of British luck.

If you are getting water in the cabin and also onto the back of the trim, your problem is not the items you are trying to source. It is the incorrect fit of the damproof course behind the door trims. You should make sure that this is correctly fitted and sealed. There is no such thing as an effective external window wiper seal. They are all too short including mine but my doors don't leak. and while you're down there :D , clean out all the drain holes in your doors. Could stave off that next rust hole.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

Theres no water getting into the cabin, carpets or door trims, I just dont like the idea of water running into my nice new doors, or the body work, it just makes even more work, having to pull the interior apart every 2 years to hoover all particles, bits of leaves, seeds and crap from the bottoms of the doors to allow good drainage, and to smother everything in dinitrol or wax oil. Pain in the butt! Alas it looks like I will have to put up with it though. damn consumables are becoming a pain to get for the alfetta. considering there are so many still alive and kicking, hmmmm, gives me an idea, think I will look into the cost of getting them made up.

:P
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

mjr:
OOPS! I did not mean Scott's old Condom/Raincoat/wet suit/Tube sock/ etc.... I meant "Scott's Old AUTO Rubber"!!!

http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/A ... %20GTV.htm
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

x rad, thanks for that, will give hima try, though I hope those three figure numbers are not prices?! hatch seal 322? ozzy dollars? hopefully not :D

If it is prices, Im packing up and starting an alfa busnniess in oz :D
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

I suspect those numbers are the actual part numbers - not prices - can't say we're that big of a ripoff charging $613 for superglue! :lol:

That and the top says they'll inform you of prices when your inquire ;)

ROCK ON
R~R
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

just called and got details.

Plenty of stock - but its not NOS or OEM.

The door seals do not - I repeat do not have the 90degree join, its sold on a roll, so it will not seal properly, you will have to cut and glue your corners up yourself for it to seal. I think I got the last NOS door rubbers about 3 years ago.

the boot hatch rubber is AU$40.85
the door bailey channel rubber is approx AU$50 for each door

they dont have the under bonnet rubber, although if we send him the profile he can match it.

They also have plugs and body clips etc.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose