RS200
Silver
Silver

Question about AR-545 (GTV6 Grand Prix)

Post by RS200 »

Hello everybody. I'm new on this forum. I'm from Belgium (sorry for my poor english-american) and I'm a proud owner of a GTV6 Grand Prix, a 156 GTA and a 156 Sportwagon. I have a question about my GTV6 Grand Prix (sold in Belgium, Switzerland and Netherlands around 1986) with a Rayton Fissore body kit. This car is in Alfa red but when asking to AR archives, it seems that the original color was AR-545 (in Italian "opale stabilizzato", what you named "chestnut" brown-red). This brown-red color is still visible in some inner parts of the car and as I'm pretty sure that the car was never "transformed" (I have all the history of the car and I'm only the third owner) I asked the AR archives if it was possible that the change of color was made during the production of the car... but, the answer was "I do not know..."...
For me, this color was never available in Belgium for the GTV6! I wonder if this car was first made for US market, than, during production, moved in order to finish as Grand Prix version for european markets...
I owned a lot of documents about the GTV6 (as you can see in my website : http://www.gtv6-156gta.be ) but I only found this color in a 1984 US GTV6's brochure .... Do you have any idea if this color was existing in non-us markets ? Many thanks... RS200
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Welcome RS..sorryI cant help here.....checking out your site now,,... :D

E,Scuzza,Io non parlo Francais.....!! But nice headers ,thanks..
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I like your web site. It's full of great information, although it seems to require a password to view everything there.
I can't help with you question about color, I have no idea.
Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
RS200
Silver
Silver

Post by RS200 »

Yes, there is a password to have access to some documents, it's just to avoid exaggerate use... the password is written on the first sentence (head of "documentation" page), that's simply "gtv6" (even for 156 GTA documents!)... enjoy it!
RS200
RS200
Silver
Silver

Post by RS200 »

Here are some pictures of the car :

The front grille is totally red...

Here is the "chestnut" AR-545...

In europe, leather was an option and was not frequent.

I did a total refreshment of the car, both inside (not yet done on the upper pictures) and outside and I treated the paint and the wheels with teflon