matt
Platinum
Platinum

Alfa 75 roof rack options

Post by matt »

Anyone found a good roof rack like the ROLA brand that doesn't require riveting the attachments to the roof! The rola racks i've got on my gtv clip on the sides (too small to fit 75) but the only decent racks i've found for the 75 need the attachments riveted to the roof and there's no way i'm doing this to my car so what other racks out there are people using that are totally removeable??

Thanks Matt
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Yakima Racks work - or used to...

Post by Peter A »

I used to have Yakima racks on a Milano, used a special set of clips from Yakima that secured the rack. It was very secure although I wouldn't want to place a very heavy load on, the Yakima clips went onto the side rails of the roof, which you could see flex if the clip was over-tightened. For carrying skis, snowboards, sailboards, bikes or a small box it was good.

I might still have them around if you are interested, they will work with any Yakima round bars.
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Yakima Racks work - or used to...

Post by Peter A »

I used to have Yakima racks on a Milano, used a special set of clips from Yakima that secured the rack. It was very secure although I wouldn't want to place a very heavy load on, the Yakima clips went onto the side rails of the roof, which you could see flex if the clip was over-tightened. For carrying skis, snowboards, sailboards, bikes or a small box it was good.

I might still have them around if you are interested, they will work with any Yakima round bars.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Thanks Peter, the Yakima brand is harder to find here in OZ, if you're in Australia and want to sell them i'd be interested otherwise i'll probably get the Thule ones(not as good as Rola as the bars are square = noisy etc for the one that fits 75/Milano) but they are totally removable.

thanks Matt
Peter A
Silver
Silver

Post by Peter A »

Sorry, I'm in the USA. If you can't find the right Thule set up then I'll send you my Yakima clips.

Good luck, Peter