FLETCH
Silver
Silver

Bodykits

Post by FLETCH »

guy's,
i want to know how many different bodykit's there are for the GTV6 I always thought that there was just the GP and the Zender.
But the 1st GTV i have has a Zender kit,and the latest edition to my garage is a GP,what is confusing me is i met someone the other day at a servo (gday Nathan,if u read this)that had akit that was a Zender,but is completely different to my Zender kit,so there must be 2 different types of Zender kit's,if this is true and common knowledge just ignore my ignorance :oops:

i'll,post up some pic's of what i mean later
cheers
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Try looking at: http://www.lester.it/
Jim K.
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

thats a zender

mikecudahy
Silver
Silver

Post by mikecudahy »

Here's a pic of my car at the June Sprints at Road America. Body kit consists of L&R front fenders, L&R rear quarters, hood, rear hatch, front air dam and splitter.

Note the headlight pieces. Carbon fiber headlight cover and carbon fiber faux headlights shaped in to a venturi for cooling the brakes.

All pieces are made from carbon fiber. The hood, for example, weighs less than 8 pounds.
Attachments
DSC_3546.jpg
DSC_3546.jpg (58.4 KiB) Viewed 18814 times
Mike Cudahy Serpent Motorsports
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

Mike Cudahy! Great to have you on the forum.

Read about your project in Alfa Owner (last year?).

So when do you start full production of the lightweight GTV6 panels? Venturi tube cooled brakes? Headlight covers? Looking forward to your price list being published!

Did you ever record a true Cd value for the car? If I recall the 1st wind tunnel results were inconclusive.

Can you give us an update on the car & how you've been doing on the track this year?
mikecudahy
Silver
Silver

Post by mikecudahy »

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm ready to make more panels right now. Molds are in good shape, and I have carbon in stock. (This can be sort of a challenge as of late because of Boeing and the US military's pent up demand).

Here are the prices:

L&R front fenders: $490 each
L&R rear quarters: $450 each
Hood: $475 (I've got molds for Alfetta AND GTV-6)
Rear hatch: $340
Front air dam: $260
Splitter: $275
Headlight covers: $175 each (raw carbon twill finish, made from prepreg carbon fiber)
Headlight venturis: $190 each (raw carbon twill finish, made from prepreg carbon fiber)

All panels are carbon fiber with various core materials for added strength. The air dam and the inside of the front fenders get a layer of Kevlar to keep stones from damaging the panels.

The splitter gets a layer of Kevlar on the bottom, then gets covered in carbon. This will keep the splitter from being destroyed if it encounters a rumble strip or off course excursion. Kevlar is wonderful stuff, but you should try cutting it some time!

Currently, I'm making this recipe of splitter for two professional teams, (RealTime and B-K Motorsports. RealTime runs Acura TSX and RSX cars in the Speed World Challenge and B-K runs a Courage P2 car in the American LeMans Series), along with a bunch of other stuff in carbon.

The car is going very fast, but not fast enough for E Production. The rules are such that there's no way it could win a championship. That being said, I still had two fourth place finishes at national races this year.

Currently, I'm collecting feedback from fellow competitors about having the Alfetta along with ALL 2 liter Alfas reclassified to F Production. If I can get it done in the car's current configuration, a championship is not completely out of the question. Lofty, but not out of the question. Right now, this car is whupping butt on any other Alfa in the SCCA regardless of class. This includes Jay Iliohan's GT Lite masterpiece of an Alfetta. Here's a pic of Jay's car and mine in Alan O'Leary's shop. He's the dynamics guru from Neumann Haas who did my front suspension.
Attachments
OLeary.jpg
OLeary.jpg (123.46 KiB) Viewed 18769 times
Mike Cudahy Serpent Motorsports
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

Help! I have recently subscribed to the French Alfa Club, Scuderia del Biscione, and I am trying to decipher the body kit pieces. Are there any French speaking Alfisti that can tell me what in the hell the "Masque avant GTV" is? I think by process of elimination it is the piece above the headlights and before the hood.... Also, the "Hayon Arrière GTV polyester" is just the trunk/boot lid?
Thanks for the help,

Vittorio
Last edited by Sporttunergtv6 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billy
Gold
Gold

Post by Billy »

Hello Vittorio,
Lucky you are that we speak french in Switzerland.
The "masque avant GTV" is effectively the body part
that covers the front grid and make the "bridge" from
one aisle to the other.
The "hayon arrière GTV polyester" is the "back door"
made of plastic in order to have a gain of weight.
Hope this will help you.

Best regards.

Billy
SEBBY2424
Silver
Silver

body kit

Post by SEBBY2424 »

i found a web site that designed the Maradona kit for alfa. They have them availble still. http://autovolante.tripod.com
Hope this helps
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

those maradonas look freaking awefull :o . keep it stock anyday over that !
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
jornmason
Silver
Silver

Post by jornmason »

just for the record, at least spell it right!! its Maratona not Maradona, but they are seriously ugly, if your lookin for a way to clean up the bumpers, on the us version remove the bumpers collapse the shocks and leave the plastic top covers off, it makes the front look 100x better, the back looks better too, but still needs some help.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

:roll: Dude - I was being facetious.

I call it the maradona kit - just ugly.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Maratona body kit a great way to make your GTV6 look 20 years old!Maratona kit look is sad. :(
The Zender kit is looks great ! That bonnet (hood)piece is only for 4 bangers trying to look like V6's.
The Grand Prix by far looks the best and was a limited released car not a kit you could go to your dealer and buy.
John
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw
jornmason
Silver
Silver

Post by jornmason »

ive been seeing alot of guys on the forum with zender and grand prix kits, why is it no one has taken them off and had copies made, there are alot of GTV6 owners that would pay to get ahold of them. just a little food for thought!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

jornmason wrote: there are alot of GTV6 owners that would pay to get ahold of them.
Really? Are you sure?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!