tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

Mats wrote:I find that incredibly hard to believe, there would be severe problems when reversing drive on the pinion if you don't have anything to hold it in that direction.
hum...of course but: the ball bearing on rear side of the flange is X contact one (angular&2inner pieces), so this should not.

however... with this fitting...the rear bearing should last no long as the models whith 4 ball bearing on middle flange.
should..should...
often...( very often (statistic wiew) ) something else will fail before.

however &/or/??? often :
when roller fitting...make us think that the second shaft ball bearing with shoulder, because of him avaibility =0 make people (me) afraid for long time service with him reused..
Did someone get a source for ?
2 stroke addict
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I'm not sure I follow, if the bearing on one side is replaced with a cylindrical one (i.e. cannot take up axial load) there is nothing but the force from the pinion keeping the angular contact ball bearing loaded. You can't fit two angular bearings in an "X" fashion on only one side of the flange.
Even if you do replace a ball bearing with a roller bearing you will have problems with the difference in installed axial force needed/obtained and also the way the bearings load the flange (maybe why this one is cracked?).

Bearings are very tricky stuff and don't think for one second that you can make the gearbox better by replacing the bearings with something different then the standard parts. For instance, did you know you need to rotate a roller bearing while tightening to meet the required preload for the specified torque? Not so easy in our application.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

Take a look at picture.
fitting with 2 bearing on each shaft.
got it in my gtv6 3.0 24v.

running 5 years no problems...but also because unable to find a new bearing in 1 bearing per shaft style.

also i would prefer the solution with ball bearing with 2 row instead of cylindrical+ball.

also², like the straigth cut noise... :D , sounds..less contraint on bearings. :roll:

2 stroke addict
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

So there is boxes with roller bearings fitted from factory. Strange how they do monumental changes like that... :?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I had a look at the center piece. It seems to be broken at the same place as Tectoteam's. Hope to get photos tomorrow when the car is done.
Dr. Alban