Terry Johnston
Gold
Gold

AC Condensor

Post by Terry Johnston »

Has anyone found a suitable modern condensor that will fit in a GTV6? I have upgraded my system with a rotary compressor and a fan in front of the condensor (and keeping freon) but it is still inadquate for temps above 90 (normal at this time of year in Utah). I know I can get one made up by Jason of Alfissimo but if I could find one that fits it could be cheaper. Terry
Terry
sh0rtlife
Verde
Verde

Post by sh0rtlife »

id go hit up your local A/C shop and see what they can do...you would be suprised at the books of sizes availible and the cheepness of them to custom build one
shures
Gold
Gold

A/C Condenser

Post by shures »

The real problem may not be at the condenser. Look at some of the other posts from earlier this summer and you will see criticism of the design of the Behr evaporator unit, duct work and fans. That said, you will also find links to several manufacturers who have web sites where you can pick an appropriate size condensor. I am currently thinking of the unit that was in my 1972 Corolla transportation appliance in Texas. It hung below the dash, took up about the same space as the Tropic Aire and would freeze you out.
Scott Shure
Ellicott City, Md
85 GTV-6
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Try ackits.com and see which one will fit your application.