matt
Platinum
Platinum

Fuel hose replacement

Post by matt »

Hi there i was wanting to know how to replace the fuel hose to the cold start injector. I had to replace another fuel line in the engine bay (Alfa 75) that had split and noticed the cold start injector fuel hose has multiple cracks in it, so guess its not far off spitting fuel everywhere too! But it doesn't have hose clamps at each end, its attached to the fuel rail, crimped? into it without a hose 'clamp' so how do you change it? or do you have to buy another fuel rail????? this must be a common problem because of the bend in this fuel hose and age etc
Hows it done?
Thanks Matt
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Matt the end of this hose that connects to the rail is on a push-on"barb" connection just like the injectors.You need to use a small xacto knife or scalpel and cut the line on a diagonal making sure that the blade goes deep enough to cut the end of the line.Twist the fuel line and it will come off.Make sure that you don't cut grooves in the metal barb while doing this.
When you cut the replacement make sure you get the length perfect because if it's too long you won't be able to get the plenum to seat properly and if it's too short your connections won't seal properly,thats assuming you're doing it this way which I find better than removing the cold start injector and trying to squeeze it back in
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
Billy
Gold
Gold

Post by Billy »

Matt,
In order to be sure not to mark or ingrave the barb with your knife or
cutter, you can also use a soldering pen and burn the rubber off.
I did it 6 month ago when I changed all the injectors on my GTV6 and
it did work fine.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Thanks Murray & Billy i'll get to this on the weekend.
Billy
Gold
Gold

Post by Billy »

OK ! Matt.
Just keep me informed of your work progression.