kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The taper will help increase the velocity(i think) but there is still not enough vertical height. This was a big problem in especially in the GTV3.0l carb airboxes . Strainge you mention stubs inside as we have never seen thje 75 and some of my plennums have stubs and others dont as for example the two I used which both came of GTV2.5's.
Elaborate on your last comment as your plennums on your 3.8 also taper for increased airflow from the furthest point away from the inlet(opening).
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Why would cyl 1 & 4 run lean? If there are flow problems (less flow) for the further cylinders, wouldn't they run rich then? Less air but same amount of fuel. No?
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

Zamani wrote:Why would cyl 1 & 4 run lean? If there are flow problems (less flow) for the further cylinders, wouldn't they run rich then? Less air but same amount of fuel. No?

Just like Z said , same fuel less air , there would probably be a tendency for richer mixture at those two....?
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

No, it's my understanding that 1 and 4 run lean... Something to do wih the increased air-speed/same volume of air flowing through a smaller area....

Using these plenums with the turbo cars is great, because the boost equalizes the pressure inside of the plenum and the forced induction feeds the cylinders equally...

What I meant by the comparison to the 3.7 plenums is that there is a larger area where the air is forced in... Dawie actually changed the size of the plenums from the first run to make up for this issue.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

Going through old posts - Kev - what ever happened with this anyway ? more power ?
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I Did not go to a dyno before and after to compare on the plennum but it feels better(throttle response) and makes sense. Maybe its an illusion and Im trying to believe its better. Hey it looks better!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I Did not go to a dyno before and after to compare on the plennum but it feels better(throttle response) and makes sense. Maybe its an illusion and Im trying to believe its better. Hey it looks better!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Just finished a plenum for the 3.7L. Barry made some "ram" tubes which I have incorporated this time. Instead of hole sawing into the plenum a new plate with the tubes was welded directly into it. Not sure if it was easier this way as they are both difficult. Hey Baz post some pics of those intake runners you have just done. Probably the coolest things you will see on this forum. Pic to follow.
Attachments
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG (55.44 KiB) Viewed 9393 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Check inside. No comments of vertical room - been there before !
Attachments
IMG_2443.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG (48.69 KiB) Viewed 9392 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Hey ,came out nice Kev..
The bellmouths are not ideal,but they are better than no bell mouths at all..
The intakes are in for chroming,so Ive only got work in progress pics for now. :cry:
Attachments
DSC03279.JPG
DSC03279.JPG (143.39 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
DSC03313.JPG
DSC03313.JPG (140.96 KiB) Viewed 9366 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Nice work Barry :)
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

hi barry,
looks like my engine?
drooooool.....
i think i am going to kiss you when the engine is here.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

top work B, more pics and info pls !
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Typical of companies here..Yes sir,collect on Monday!.Ok,so its only tuesday and I collected the runners from my plating guys..

Wow!!!!!!They did an exceptional job!!I mentioned it was for export and they shined!The runners and the company!!
Attachments
I could not wait to fit them!!
I could not wait to fit them!!
DSC03390.JPG (144.51 KiB) Viewed 9175 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mike,Been having problems uploading multiple pics lately...help.. :?
Attachments
DSC03396.JPG
DSC03396.JPG (153.55 KiB) Viewed 9172 times