Mats
Verde
Verde

Re: In the build...? Anything new being done..?

Post by Mats »

oh behave... 8)
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Z, good one. TT has six speed Getrag upfront. These cars here with boxes upfront never have any driveline issues except the day Domingoes was practising launch control in the 155 TT. Thats an exception.
Evo, correct e36M3 =210kw factory. Dont think there will be any difference with the TT at sea level ,maybe 3% . its only us N/A cars that gain 18%. We also get different fuel at coast compared to here - 93octane.
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Getrag 6 speed from BMW?i believe bmw used zf 6 speeders :? . or Getrag 6 speed from Toyota Supra or something?
Drive it like you stole it...
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

M3 and 328 have the ZF, E36. Not sure about the rest but Getrasg seems to be the preferred choise.
The ZF I'm told is much sturdier.
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Wow great pics Kevin...thankyou!

As for this talk of Getrag gearbox's upfront, where the hell is there room for one..? :shock:
Or are they not as big as i'm thinking..? Also would the cost be far less than beefing up the transaxel..? Also how does the gtv6 handle with a box up front..? How much does the getrag weigh..? Who here has driven a gtv6 with a box up front..? If so, is there much difference with the handling..? Have i asked too many questions!! :P

1 month away from being back on the road, maybe sooner, depends on workshop, damn i've missed driving my Alfa!!

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I am sure it's not an easy conversion, and I am sure there are drawbacks. However if you want a 500hp GTV6, I can't really see any other option. I have never seen, let alone driven a GTV6 with a front mounted gear box.

Greg
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The conversion is relatively easy if you have done it before and have the laser cut adaptor. Old hat for barry and dawie.
Garth ,there is a 3.7 that races with us and to be honest it hasnever completed a Friday practice with a full Saturdays racing. A huge budget has been thrown at the drivetrain and gearbox and there is always a failure. Its got 205kw on the wheels same dyno as discussed before(M3E36 =156kw on wheels). The owner has just decided to do the box upfront conversion.
For some lucky reason I have been invited to take the above TT for a few laps next week. I will let you know BUT the front mount Giulietta 3.4 24v I drove was like driving a old 325BMW. Just got to adapt suspension set up.
If all else fails next season I might just do it. Personally I think its sacrilege to change the transaxle.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Do you want to win or spend a lot of money? 8)
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

You need the adapter and the Sei bellhousing i guess :? .... For most people that part is almost unobtainable. :(
Drive it like you stole it...
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yes kevin my thoughts exactly about the transaxel! Cant wait to hear your thoughts and views after you drive that Alfa on the race track!

Hey Greg, well i definatley dont want a 500hp gtv6, it would become a financial black hole.
If i wanted a street car with that much hp, i would probably go japanese or buy a Ford XR6 Turbo/Typhoon.

But deep down of course i'd love a high hp gtv6, the cost just wouldnt be worth it, unless i had bucket loads of money which i dont..

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Garth, I am right with you. Even if I had the time and money right now, I just don't want a front transmission GTV6. I like the original design.

It's easy to get caught up in these dreamy horsepower numbers like 450, 500, etc. However 250 flywheel horsepower is actually quite a lot in a GTV6. In fact, 250 is enough to beat just about any stock or lightly modified Civic Si, Prelude, WRX, RX8, and a lot of other speedy cars.

I also give credit to Alfa for how much power the transaxle can take. Remember when it was designed, 150 horsepower was a huge number. I have pointed out many times that a 1982 Trans AM V8 had 145hp. Forced induction was not common back then, especially not in the aftermarket European car scene. The fact that Alfa built a transaxle that can take 300hp is pretty commendable given these factors.

Greg Gordon,
www.hiperformancestore.com
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yeah spot on Greg, couldnt agree with you more about that.

300hp is pretty damn good for a standard transaxel, cant complain about that at all. :wink:

Also with the power to weight i have now, and will eventually lighten her some more, i wont have to go crazy in the power department. A nice tune, being very responsive with great low down torque, and she will last for years!!

Selling 1985 GTV6.

GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Kevin, how did you go taking that Alfa around the race track..?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Nothing as dramatic as you guys with big 3.7s and turbos, but my tired 2.5 has been replaced by a standard 3.0 from a 164. Used the 2.5 intake and distributor in the mean time and also to keep it looking original. Just taken it into work so it can get a new warrant and rego tomorrow. First impression ..... nice torque.
New paint job in the new year and then packed in a container off to Perth WA.
Tom
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Perth W.A. my home town :D
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw