Ported heads
Custom cams (hopefully just regrinds, can't afford custom cams) or GTA cams
Autronic SMC efi
1.75" primary pipe headers
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

I am assuming this is a brand new topic without some prior stuff that I am not aware of so I am taking the question at face value.

Can I politely suggest that this sort of strattegy is worthess. There is no outline of what you have and where you want to go and for what reason.

For example, you want more torque. Perhaps more outright power. At what RPM. Why ? What are your goals. What are you aiming for? Street/track/tarmac/rally. Be clear and specific. That way others may be able to assist you achieve your aims.

Hey MR Zee. I know you. You have been reading another one of those hot rod mags with horsepower curves that wrap around the both front and rear covers and you have got all hot and bothered chewing on Scoobie Snacks and look what happens... :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Jarle
Gold
Gold

Post by Jarle »

Have to agree with MD here. Putting on 1,75"primaries on a setup with"ported" heads does not say anything. Probably it will not give you any power gain.
The way to start is to settle out what kind of engine carateristics you are looking for.
Adding power to a N/A engine is quite complex, and common changes that many people would call a performance upgrade is really the oposit.
I am using software to get a little indication about where it is going. This is far from a dyno run but a modern program can give you much usefull informasjon.
You can download Engine analyzer pro at www.performancetrends.com for a 10 day demo version.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Jarle,

To be honest, I've never run any of my heads through a flow bench or engine simulator. JimK's contribution on flow numbers of the 12V has been extremely useful. I've also been reading a lot on Guy Croft's website.

The 1.75" figure is what I got from an Alfa tuner who has experience with building race Alfas, and he has dynos in his shop.

The goal is 250 flywheel hp @ 6800 rpm.

I chose the 24V, as according to JimK, it exceeds the flow of the 12V head. I guess that that was quite obvious being a 4-valve head. Also to get more power from 12V, I probably need more flow and more aggressive cams. However that may compromise the car's emissions. With a relatively stock 24V I can already achieve what my 12V puts out right now. According to Beninca, stock 24V, autronic and his headers gets 215 at the wheel. That's about 240+ flywheel bhp?

I'm going to look at the software you pointed out.
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey Daniel,

Can you give Zamani some pointers here? I think he's looking for some direction.

Sounds to me like he wants to go hunting BMW's...or impress the hot chick fraternity at the bus stop on the drive by...
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Zman,Just so you know..The mails are being returned by your server..Ive pm`d you as well..No reply..B :arrow:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

i think the surfer doesn't like South african mails????
just like mine :D
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

B,

Can you PM me again on gtv6.com? Nothing in my inbox. Need some info.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Barry, there must be something going on with your e-mail supplier, probably black listed for spam users or whatever.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Baz,

Don't you have a gmail.com account?
Jarle
Gold
Gold

Post by Jarle »

Zamani: 250 hp on a 24v should not require to many modifikations. If Beninca already has a setup that puts out 215 rwhp thats great.

What i tried to say was that when the level of tuning increases, and long duration camshafts are used, the need for very fine tuned intak and exhaust are required to make big horsepower and a nice power band. Offcourse other parametes have to be correctly adjusted as well.

I am building a 250hp+ 12v engine and have learned this the hard way...

You sholud take a look at the software. Takes some time to plot all the data needed but it can give you some usefull information...