Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Black silicone intake elbows

Post by Greg Gordon »

For some reason I can't seem to post in the classifies. I had a bunch of black silicone elbows made up and I bought the entire production run. I am currently changing my intakes to black and I know other people making thier own intakes could probably use these. They are sized to fit the throttle body at one end and a standard 3" pipe at the other.

The couplers are three ply and nylon reinforced. They are rated for 50psi so they are ideal for forced induction projects.

They are $60 each
Attachments
blackelbow.jpg
blackelbow.jpg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 10150 times
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

There nice, but i want blue!!

Greg can you get or know of where to get hold of replacement high performance silicone leads for a gtv6...?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Blue?? It has taken me forever just to get black. The guy who makes them really loves yellow and thinks that's the only color anything should be. The nice thing with black is it goes with anything.

Of course I still have vacuum lines in a rainbow of colors, more than any other vendor as far as I know and we certainly have blue.

Magnacore spark plug wires are pretty good.
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Looks great Greg. I think that the black will be good for those who want things to look more low key. I think I would prefer it to the yellow. Then again, my current driver is black and yellow might look good under the hood of the black car.

Wait, I´ve changed my mind, I now want red. It is red or nothing :wink:
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Actually black would be fine, for goodness sakes its under the bonnett lol.

The size you have would be perfect. I need it to fit a 75mm outlet so i could really use them, but if its $60 in the USA, might be cheaper if i get them down here, could you help me out Greg with this purchase..?
Also very interested in a complete lead swap, the mangacore spark wires also would be nice.

By the way i was joking when i said blue!! :lol: :shock: :o

I love black. :twisted:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Nikoror
Gold
Gold

Post by Nikoror »

if yellow really doesn't fit with anything under the hood a simple solution is to use electrical tape in the required color. a good reason could be having everything else in blue... looks good and seems to work pretty well. :shock:
Attachments
blue_intake.JPG
blue_intake.JPG (166.85 KiB) Viewed 10095 times
Rice SAE
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Garth,
The Magnacore wires are excellent. They fit perfectly and perform well. We had to use them recently because it turns out the stock Alfa wires cause electrical interference with the SDS ecu. Magnacore made us a custom set with the ends we needed in our desired lengths for a reasonable price.

I know you were only kidding about blue. I don't know if they would be cheaper down there or not, but a 3.25" to 3.00" elbow is not a common size in reinforced silicone.

I sort of like that electrical tape idea. I never thought of that.
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

What's the deal about everyone "blurring" out the supercharger - saw the same thing on the alfabb?
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Ar4me, well its each to their own, i mean if you spent many many hours designing your own charger/turbo set-up, some ppl like to keep their trade secrets :wink:

Me, life is too short to worry about things like that 8)

Hey Nik, great photo mate, nice set-up, what power you running and boost mate..?

Greg can you email me with details on replacement leads...?

gmans6@yahoo.com.au

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Nicholas
Silver
Silver

Post by Nicholas »

Be careful with magnecor leads. I used to be a firm advocate before I got my GTV6. I found that it is Magnecors that cause trouble with the spark amplifier. I went back to copper core and things have never been better.

Garth, if you really want Magnecor I'll sell you mine. They were on my car for about 3 weeks they cost me $200.00 but I won't run them again.

Just my experience
Nick
GTV630
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hmm, damn, well i dont know much about these leads, if Greg says there fine....anyway will look into it, cheers nick.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Nick may very well be right. I ONLY used Magnacores with SDS. I have no idea how they work on a stock motor. I do know that the stock wires will not work with SDS.

It might be a good idea to call Magnacore and ask them about issues with the stock setup.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Greg can you send any vacuum lines my way.....?

Would love to replace all the old stuff..

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Sure, we ship to Australia all the time. Mostly Toyota and Nissan stuff.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Greg thanks, that would be great!

Can you send me prices thru PM, or email...?

Complete vacuum line replacement and spark plug wires. Also a price on 2-3 silicone(black) right angle bends with the 75mm outlets would be nice.

Nick those mangnacore plugs would be fine, for my engine wont be stock for much longer, how much are they worth new...?

Selling 1985 GTV6.