fastcar
Gold
Gold

What kind of clutch to use?

Post by fastcar »

Hi guys!

I have the following question: What kind of clutch(system) shall I use on a more powerful setup?
I hope soon I could reach around 300 HP (at flywheel) and 320 Nm of torque. And I use quite often my car as a dragracer, so I think I have to do something with my clutch.

Until now I used the standard twin plate system, but now it's hard to get good quality plates for it. The last one I have it in was bought on the ebay but its quality is not comparable to the original after market Sachs one I had before.

Is there any possibility to upgrade or tune up the original cover with a stiffer one?
Is it OK to apply sinter-metal on old plates frames?

Or is it better to go for a single plate platform and try to find a harder cover and high-quality plate for that?

What do You use on Your even more powerful cars?
5yearplan
Gold
Gold

Post by 5yearplan »

http://www.performatek.com/frOnlineCatalog.htm

I have heard only good things from these clutches, but I have never used one. Also, does anyone know how much HP/ftlb.s these are good for?
fastcar
Gold
Gold

Post by fastcar »

Hi Guys!

Noone else had problems to transmit extra power over the std clutch? I can't imagine! :o

Is there anyone who has experience with sinter-metal or kevlar pads on standard plates and cover?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I know for sure that the performatek clutch can hold at LEAST 276rwhp. I don't know what the limit is for the standard clutch.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

fastcar wrote:Hi Guys!

Noone else had problems to transmit extra power over the std clutch? I can't imagine! :o

Is there anyone who has experience with sinter-metal or kevlar pads on standard plates and cover?
No-one elsde has any power (except Greg). 8) :lol:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

I have a standard clutch on a Milano with 246 RWHP - not that many miles yet, and it is a street car (don't do any dragracing with it).
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)