streetfame
Silver
Silver

Take 2

Post by streetfame »

SydneyJules wrote:Shit yes they are a nice looking set of throttles!
SJ,

Ya damn right!! :D Hey! Check out some pictures of the steel ring fire-seal setup that Dawie pioneered many moons ago...

May all the boxsters and alike rest in peace....

Hell nawh :x....
Turn around...
Go back....
and ruin em' twice!! :twisted: :twisted:

Excuse the recent title changes...Just summing it all up :roll:

Holla at me! :D

Regards,

streetfame
Attachments
verric's alfa romeo 3.7L 24v V6 monster4.jpg
verric's alfa romeo 3.7L 24v V6 monster4.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 11500 times
verric's alfa romeo 3.7L 24VV6monster5.jpg
verric's alfa romeo 3.7L 24VV6monster5.jpg (60.93 KiB) Viewed 11500 times
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

I know it's a very down to earth question, but if it's not a secret, how much did it cost you?
streetfame
Silver
Silver

nuff...

Post by streetfame »

PietereQ wrote:I know it's a very down to earth question, but if it's not a secret, how much did it cost you?
I'm gonna go with the classic....

A lot more than a little and a little less than a lot...

But believe me...the sound, performance and the looks from the recently spanked boxsters and alike, will all be worth it :D

streetfame
streetfame
Silver
Silver

update

Post by streetfame »

...fully built and ready for testing! :twisted:

streetfame
Attachments
verric's demon5.jpg
verric's demon5.jpg (84.04 KiB) Viewed 11222 times
verric's demon3.jpg
verric's demon3.jpg (90.23 KiB) Viewed 11222 times
verric's demon2.jpg
verric's demon2.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

That's hot SF
Fixing it bit by bit....
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Nice one SF

Hey Jules, do you know what's hot?

When your butt hairs catch fire from a super chilli burger and you got no fire extinguisher- that's hot man !! He heeeee !!
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
streetfame
Silver
Silver

Post by streetfame »

Thanks Syd and MD!! I could not believe my eyes when John emailed me these latest pics :shock:

Stay tuned. More to follow...

streetfame
75 GTA
Gold
Gold

Post by 75 GTA »

I think that there´s a chance you drive your Spider with no bonnet at all...

- first because of the looks of the engine...

- second, to hear the sound of the intake coming from those 6 trumpets :D
75 TS Road specs
75 TS Gr N
146 TS
Rookie ROX
Gold
Gold

Post by Rookie ROX »

That's not hot, it's absolute sex ready to be put on four wheels!! :mrgreen:

I'd have a bonnet made of a clear mesh so you'd have "protection" and meet legal requirements, whilst admiring the beauty and hearing that sound! :lol:

ROCK ON
R~R
streetfame
Silver
Silver

Post by streetfame »

Hummm...clear hood!! :D

Tell me about it!!! Thanks for the compliments 75 GTA and Rookie ROX. Respect guys! :D

Yeah, can't wait to fire this one up. Dawie's got it locked on these engines for daily driving performance, reliability and looks!! John suggested the thermal black paint to keep the heat down and for a "good look" I think the chrome runners and trumpets as a contrast against it looks awsome. With the hint of green from the injectors...it's adds a little more visual punch!! Don't you think?? :D

SF
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

I've been in contact with John van Rensburg and he has been a great help. Unfortunately I can't afford one of these great engines, but maybe I can go for the base model 3.0 version with about 270BHP (about $11,000 US all up)
streetfame
Silver
Silver

Post by streetfame »

Alfettish wrote:I've been in contact with John van Rensburg and he has been a great help. Unfortunately I can't afford one of these great engines, but maybe I can go for the base model 3.0 version with about 270BHP (about $11,000 US all up)
JVR is the MAN!! All business - NO attitude!! I could not be happier dealing with anybody else. He has given me so much of his time answering all my questions and going over all my options. I'm no where near an "expert" on alfa's and he made everything easy for me to understand and decide accordingly. A real stand up guy that's very knowledgeable and passionate about alfa performance. Dawie goes without saying...Just look at what he built!!!

Whatever engine you decide to go with, I'm sure you'll be very satisfied. Best of luck.

streetfame
cchan
Platinum
Platinum

Post by cchan »

Hi Guys,

Just want to put my $.02 worth. I am still new to the forum but I must admit. Its catching. From going from a total stock rebuild to purchasing an engine from Jungle Justice is catching. I just can't wait to get my engine. I hope to have pictures shortly and I will post on them. It is the low end 3.0L 270 hp so other can see that it really is worth it. Alfa Romeo's are live and kicking on this site.

See Ya :wink:
streetfame
Silver
Silver

Post by streetfame »

cchan wrote:Hi Guys,

Just want to put my $.02 worth. I am still new to the forum but I must admit. Its catching. From going from a total stock rebuild to purchasing an engine from Jungle Justice is catching. I just can't wait to get my engine. I hope to have pictures shortly and I will post on them. It is the low end 3.0L 270 hp so other can see that it really is worth it. Alfa Romeo's are live and kicking on this site.

See Ya :wink:
You'll be very glad that you went with JVR and Dawie at Glenwood. You just have to decide how you want to drive the car and where. Once you know that, everything becomes clear. Either return to stock for leisurely cruising or cough up some dough for a seriously stained smile and a much lighter wallet! :D . It's that simple.

Dawie's engines are WELL priced for what you get and they are worth every penny and day you wait for them. Good luck!!

Hey SYD! You loafin?! Talk to me about what you're thinkin' of doing with your screamer!!

streetfame
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Mid mounting it with a WRX STi gearbox into an Alfa Sud Sprint to make a Sprint 6C....

or more realistically, I dont know... with the money to machine it all out, well I would rather spend it on a Turbo 2.0!

However, the engine would be right at home in a stripped out race car, so perhaps I find a cheap GTV6 racer that's got a stocker in it and swap it over for mine... and racing it wont break everything, like it would with a 2.0T- whereas, a 2.0T would make a nice street engine, like Brian Berger's hornbag car....

:roll:

need the cash first...need a job.... interview tomorrow.... wait two years...get mortgage and pay for car all in one go :wink:
Fixing it bit by bit....