mjr
Platinum
Platinum

lively euro spec gtv6

Post by mjr »

HI all, its been a few years since I drove a gtv6 other than the one I currently own. I drove another standard euro spec 2.5 yesterday, I noticed immediately how much more lively and powerful mine feels to drive, I have suspected for a few years that the cylinder heads were tinckered with when the heads were last off for gaskets by the previous owner. I had a look for stamp marks on the rear of the heads today, expecting to see 2.5 stamped, but I found the right bank had the infinity sign follwed by 3D stamped, and the left bank the same followed by 3S, nothing else. Anyoone have any idea what the stamps mean? the engine looks standard, it doesnt idle as smoothly as other gtv6's ive had, but isnt lumpy either, I wonder if it has had S cams and mild head work. The headers also have some strange machine marks I have not noticed on other gtv6's Ive owned too. It sounds like a 2.5, well it doesnt sound any different any way. It is a euro spec 2.5 1983 and definately more lively and powerful from 3,000rpm upwards.

thanks all

ps sorry about the picture quality, it was a bit of a sqeeze getting the camera down the back of the heads!

MJR
Attachments
stamps
stamps
P1010024small.jpg (72.74 KiB) Viewed 3494 times
machine marks
machine marks
P1010041small.jpg (72.9 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
engine
engine
P1010010small.jpg (63.4 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

It is Latin:
Dexter = Right
Sinister= Left

Mens sana et corpore sano ad vitam!

As for the 3, maybe some odd 3.0 heads??? Unlikely since you said it was a 1983 2.5...
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

good spot , that makes sense, sinistro and destro for left and right, I wonder what the sign and 3 is all about?. Maybe I might have to go and badger my local alfa dealer to see what the symbol and 3 signifies. Is there any other way to identify 2.5 and 3.0 heads externally?

MJR