Kunta
Silver
Silver

Post by Kunta »

Greg Gordon wrote:Ouch, dang, that's one damaged piston!
I will dig that order number up and PM it to you. Venolia is bad about answering e mails, good at making pistons.
I have found it's best to call them.
The M90 is $200 more at this time. This is entirely because it costs $200 more.

That´ll be great! :D Nice to know that we have a pretty decent dollar course right know 8)
Do you really think that´s a bad damage? I thought it looked like a smudgse mark or something, i could add that this engine had a timing belt accident at 6000 rpms...it was caused by a litte stone who sneaked in from the hole underneath the pulley in the belt cover. Damages so far is 2 broken intake valves, i dont know the status of valve guides and the rest of the engine
Kenth Wiklund
75 3.0 Challenge
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It looked like a hole, I guess it's not. I am getting a lot of requests for that part number so I will post it here as soon as I dig it up.
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Hey Greg

How about the 24v 2.5 & 3.0 motors, would this be an easy fit??

Would you need to go to M90 size (guess so)

Thinking of a wild idea for a race car motor.....

3.0 or 3.2 24v with forged 9.8:1 pistons and .8bar / 12psi.

Your comments please

Andrew
Andrew b
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Andrew, You would need an M90. I think the kit will fit the 24 valve motor but I have not looked at one in a long time so I can't be sure.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Greg,

I think if the mount is bolted onto the engine block, it should fit the 24V cars.

The only issue is how much clearence does the SC have to the exhaust side of the head? The 24V cam cover runs pretty close to the brake MC. The exhaust side of the cam cover is taller than the 12V because of the DOHC setup.

BTW your explanation about the SC spinning fast and bleeding of boost to keep boost levels down makes perfect sense.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Glad it makes sense. Julian's version is also correct, you will pay for the increased heat and power to drive the supercharger at the higher boost level even if you bleed some of it off.

I will have to look at a 24 valve motor. That's just one of the many variables I have not tackled yet.
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

A supercharger on my 75 24V would be nice Greg, if your selling i'm buying.
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I will see if I can find a 24 valve motor to look at. I doubt there are any in the Dallas area. I really just need a good photo of the front of the left head and the outboard side of the left head, and the block in those areas. Plus the crank pulley.
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Crank pulleys can be different on 24V Milano's .
Some people use the multi belt pulley others use the QV(motronic) pulley and i 'm using a 164 V6 12V pulley.
I probably need to move the PS pump. In the current situation my pump and mount are positioned even higher than on a 12V standard V6.
At this moment i don't have a better pic.
Greg what do you think of the rotrex compressor?
Attachments
IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0064.jpg (149.04 KiB) Viewed 10775 times
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I don't see any big problems there. The power steering pump looks OK. The windshield washer tank will have to be replaced with our little one. I can't tell what that alloy structure is that sticks up from the power steering pump, it might be in the way.

I still need to see a detailed close photo of that area behind the left outboard cam pulley there may be a minor problem there, and a good photo of the left side of the head and the pulley.

From what I can tell it's not a problem, it may be a little non standard but no big deal.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:!: Ok.........
Attachments
Dsc00591.jpg
Dsc00591.jpg (148.79 KiB) Viewed 10737 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D
Attachments
Dsc00592.jpg
Dsc00592.jpg (141.42 KiB) Viewed 10733 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D
Attachments
Dsc00594.jpg
Dsc00594.jpg (142 KiB) Viewed 10730 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Greg,you need more detail,let me know....Got plenty......

This is one for the vette guys......A LITTLE humour??
Attachments
CorvetteMini.jpg
CorvetteMini.jpg (35.18 KiB) Viewed 10727 times
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Hi Barry, thanks. I may need it. I will let you know soon. If you want to check out the uncensored picture of the kit, ask expert "K" for the picture. He is authorized to share it with you, John and Dawie. Just keep in mind it a little non standard since I sent the kit to Bill before I really finished refining the Milano set up. He was in a big hurry to get ready for race season and couldn't wait. It's just like the production kit except for a slight variation in supercharger placement and a lot of variation in vacuum line routing.