Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Re: What to look for when purchasing a Race GTV6

Post by Micke »

I don't know what you consider fast but two corners at 150 and one at 200 km/h is fast to me. Yes - there are that fast kinks on other tracks but seldom long sweeps.
Of course THE Ring has everything but when we speak lesser tracks.

The one downunder I'd like to visit is Bathurst. Really seems great. It is far away though - isn't it?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Not the incline demands of Bathurst but other substitutes just as great. Left and right corners of huge radius variation. Tight bends and open sweepers,Inclines, pitch, and a good straight. Panic brake stops and flat out acceleration. A truely great circuit.

The scenery is fantastic being by the sea side . If you are into nature, their is a colony of Fairy Penguins that live on the Island and you can watch them come home to their nests as they walk across the beach from the waters edge. Magic. A top tourist destination of its own accord.

They race the world Championship Super Bikes here and all the usual race car events.

..and oh yeah Mats. Swedish hot blond chicks are specially catered for. :D

http://www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au/
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
grant
Platinum
Platinum

Post by grant »

Yeah, those speeds were listed in MPH, not KM/H

I'd like to join the Alfa club at that track, but it's honestly too fast. I'm not comfortable pushing the car at 100mph at the cornering limit on the big turn. Several people have died there. :(
BMW's are the ultimate driving machine!

I'm kidding -- please don't ban me.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Well of course it's MPH, I just thought it would be faster, guess the camera tricks the eye or something because it looks like a HUGE corner radius...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

I suppose you are talking about turn 8 at Willow Springs. You have the back straight preceding the turn, and in most cars it is full throttle all the way from turn 6 :shock: Some lines through turn 8 will take you over uneven surface and the car will skid, but at full throttle all the way from turn 6 you may need all the space at the "exit" of turn 8 (depending on traction) before very short straight segment before turn 9. It is very fast and can be hairy. Grant, most issues are actually from people running wide on the exit of turn 9. Though, loose it in turn 8 at 110 MPH, or however fast you may go, and you are toast if you go spinning off in the dust - if you go off just drive straight until car slows. This is what can happen if you run wide at turn 9:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ygjttKdF4
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Here is a view from inside my car at 100MPH, first turn under the bridge may not look bad but it's "the turn", the man or mouse kind of turn. If you lose it here there is a big chance you'll end up in the guard rail right or left. If you have a small slide you won't be able to recover in time for the following righthander...
I've spun here twice in one day :shock: Managed to miss all the hard stuff but had to pick gravel from between the rims and tires for quite a while..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P31FtWQAO7k

That video is interesting, looks like there is no real problem until he takes the foot off the gas which digs the tires into the ground.
Whatever made him actually crank the engine over after that massive roll is beyond me. :o
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!