Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Frost
Silver
Silver

Re: Alfetta sedan-the journey begins

Post by Frost »

Update on build:car has been stripped off all the tar and was towed to get the cage fitted yesterday :P :P :P
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Frosti, hows the car coming on. Post some pics. The Giulietta build is getting there but also pretty slowly. The car will probably take another two months. Here some pics to get you motivated. The bonnet touch the plenum so used 155 plenum tubes that bolted straight on. Trying to align 156 starter today to make bracket.
Attachments
front malboro.JPG
front malboro.JPG (152.48 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
motor malboro.JPG
motor malboro.JPG (147.49 KiB) Viewed 6883 times
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Kevin- Do you ever sleep?

That Giuli looks great, by the way- appreciate the plenum pics when it's done

Cheers
j
Fixing it bit by bit....
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

So as can be seen finally a worthwhile update, THE CAGE IS IN :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
u guys have no idea what the wait has done to my morale,but now I feel as though I can take on the world again,next is the seamwelding and strengthening bars in the engine bay and then we will fit the front suspension and hubs(they are already rebuilt with new powerflex bushes,rebuilt calipers and powerbrake pads and disks,and new wheelbearings)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Good to see project back on schedule with a proper cage .
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I wish I had made a a cage like yours and reinforced the engine before i started my project. Colour of engine bay is cool. Hope to see it on the track on 29th.
Good luck !!
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

Yep Im glad I stuck it out with the cage,its so rigid,when I jack it up on the center of the rear axle,3 wheels lift right off the ground, 8)
Front and rear suspension set,starting to do plumbing next week,also already got plastic windows for the sides installed already,got another set for richard too
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Another Brick in the making..way to go Frosty !

Bet you are learning a lot along the way about not only about Alfas but mechanics generally. I can sense your enthusiasm just from your postings. No doubt you will make mistakes and learn by them like we all do but it's the journey that counts.

If you intend to use the original engine mounts, be sure to fit a LH Side engine brace to save the mount from tearing apart on take offs..

Best wishes with it all..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

Hey MD thanks as u said learning alot and enjoying the build almost as much as Ill enjoy the racing,getting help from Kev and Baz when I get stuck.
I have given the engine mounts attention(hope its the right attention)I have had a solid rubber bush made for the center rear engine mount, I have also manufactured some steel clamps for the left and right mounts,with bolts through them so I can adjust the tension on them,hope this works :?
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Learning from Kevin and Bazza mate is only going to get you on the tail end of the podium... :D
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

LOL ,yep the best thing is to hear all advice,process it and keep the good.I have heard so many different opinions from so many different sources it gets hectic.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Frosti, MD's advice is gold on that brick . Check his post on the engine mounts.
Frost
Silver
Silver

Post by Frost »

MD HELP, Could u please help me with a recommendation on front and rear spring rates on my brick.
Was at Kevins place tonight and he helped me to try and get some coilovers for the front,but he only knows spring rates for those big lumpy V6 things of his,not our elegant well balanced fours :lol: :lol:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

What size front torsion bars are you using and what sized tyres do you intend to use?