4agedub
Silver
Silver

Gotech general setup tips, v4 upwards specific

Post by 4agedub »

Hi all
I will be posting general tips every now and again. Today I will focus on the f5 setup screen.

Most of the items covered in this screen is self explanatory but I will all of them that I can remember off hand. If I miss an item or two please post your questions and I will try to answer then when I log on again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Number of cylinders: Here you enter the number of cylinder on the engine.

Ignition divide: This is the divide of the input signal/cylinders. Only applicable on mode 0. On phased injection this feature is actually disabled.
6 cyl - divide = 3.
4 cyl - divide = 2
8 cyl - divide = 4

Coil charge time: The amount of ms (milli seconds that the coil will be charged) Reccomended value = 2.3ms. On a high revving engine the coil charge time might have to be set lower.

Mode:
0 = single coil with distributor, trigger per event required, no tdc inut. Injectors will be batch fired, and ignition divide is used.

Mode 1 - 4 is only used on the Gotech MFI Pro ecu
1 = single coil, trigger per event and tdc required, phased injection
2 = multi coil, trigger per event and tdc is required, phased injection
3 = rotary mode, 24 tooth with tdc reference pickup
4 = 60 -2 input required, no tdc. phased injection, multi coils/ coil packs
5 = 60 -2 input required, no tdc. phased injection and single coil

Optional output:
On the Gotech MFI this will be the blue/white wire if the jumper is set to this option.
On - On rpm
off - off rpm

Launch retard: amount of ignition degrees that the ignition will retard when the launch control is activated. When not used set to 1. Never ever leave a 0 value!

TPS/MAP mix:
Input signal configurabillity:
0 = map sensor a primary input (this one should be used on turbo vehicles
1 = tps sensor as primary input (normally aspirated cars)
2 = tps/map mix (a 50/50 mix between tps and map, for normally aspirated cars only. Hard to set up though, rather go for tps only)
3 = TPS / MAP turbo , in my personal optintion never use this one!

Load Start/increment:
Calibration of the tps or map sensor. When running with the map as primary input you can use the following to start off with (1.5bar map sensor)
Load start 0, increment 3: Normally aspirated vehicle
Load start 0, increment 6: turbo up to 1 bar
Load start 0, increment 8: turbo up to 1.5bar

Acc sens %:
Accelerator pump enrichment %. This function will enrich the engine on acceleration.

Acc sens dvdt:
Accelerator pump sensitivity. How sensitive the acc pump must be.

Altitude compensation:
Enrichment as the altitude changes. Works best when tps is set to primary input.

Whell folks this is all I've got time for today, let me know if there is anything else you want explained.

Louis
Gotech fuel injection systems
South Africa
Tel: +2711 3978197
Email: louis@gotech.co.za
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Louis,

Since the TPS on the Alfa V6 is simply a 3 position switch, basically only lets you know Full throttle, idle, and if neither (I don't think it changes readings when between the two), we should be using the MAP sensor as our primary input? I could be wrong on this, but just wanted to check, you had this setting listed for turbo cars, which makes sense, but I think we need this for our cars too.

But this is a great thread, I hope you give us more tips like how to enrich or lean across the board so we don't have to do it setting by setting...

Sam
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Sam, the little dial on the front gives you full rich/lean 10%/10% (20% swing...) accross the board...

I think that Jes even posted some Air/fuel results too...

The "self-learn" feature in GoTech will also help make changes (in one of the modes) for all maps forward... (Helps with smooth tuning)

Also, yes, you are setup to run map, but can also change settings to run TPS... Right you are on the stck TPS - useless - go get a potentiometer type (like off of a Porsche 944) and now you can set GoTech to run BOTH MAP AND TPS....
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...