Anything that does not fit into other topics.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

So who's gonna top this?

Post by mjr »

Fernando
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Fernando »

That just gives me goosebumps. :D

I can still remember reading the article about the Procar 164 in Autosport...my other 'Bible' as it were. :wink:

Would have made for one spectacular series if it could have gotten off the ground,although I can only imagine how horrendously expensive it would have been running what was basicaly a Formula 1 car with a 'road' car body. :shock:
"Racing is life,everything before and after is just waiting."- Steve Mqueen
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

it gives me terrible ideas of doing the same thing to a gtv6 rear end! bin the rear seats, trunk space etc, and shove a whopping great v12 in the back :lol:

:lol:
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

what's passsta?

damn...that's fast
DaveH
Gold
Gold

Post by DaveH »

x-rad wrote:what's passsta?
That's the English not being very good guardians of the language. :wink:
tmundy
Silver
Silver

Post by tmundy »

Nice car but how about a 164 with a difference, 2 v6 engines!!!

Few details on the car:

Highlight for many people was the sight of Mike twin engined 164 'Bimotore' special. Mike had no need of the rear seats in his 164, so decided to replace them with another three litre V6 driving the rear wheels independently of the front two. The accelerators are slaved together, as are the clutches. The gearboxes are joined by a linkage which can be split by removing a pin holding them together, thus allowing Mike to revert to single engine, front wheel drive only. To cope with the cooling of the second engine, a rad and fan are located in the boot (trunk), with appropriate vents cut into the lid. All this extra hardware left little room for the fuel tank, so a custom unit sits behind the solid firewall between the front passenger seats, however, this does mean that the car has limited range. Mike says the car is pretty quiet inside. Naturally, a roll cage is fitted to increase stiffness and provide protection. It is an amazing machine, and Mike is very modest about his achievement (which I think is pretty considerable). So, any more suggestions for totally way out modifications??

I have seen this car in action at Brooklands and boy is it fast. Also think of that lovely V6 sound in Stereo, enough to make you wet your pants!
Attachments
164 1.jpg
164 1.jpg (19.33 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
164 2.jpg
164 2.jpg (19.85 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
164 3.jpg
164 3.jpg (20.23 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
164 4.jpg
164 4.jpg (20.84 KiB) Viewed 4315 times
164 5.jpg
164 5.jpg (21.8 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
Thanks