Anything that does not fit into other topics.
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Got some free time and a ton of ammo?

Post by x-rad »

Thank the Constitution for the right to bear arms...and lots of them!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8870249151
Mericet
Gold
Gold

Post by Mericet »

Pretty cool. In most other countries you can only do that if you are in the military.
Neil C.

85 GTV 6 "Benna della ruggine e mangiatore dello zoccolo"
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

AHaH that first bet when the car starts rolling is a classic. I was laughing so hard.
I wanna try, I wanna try!!!!!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

the video is ok, but seeing that kid firing that machine gun, how sick must your mind be to take your son or daughter to a fire arm show to shoot an automatic machine gun?? I mean how psichopathic must you be? to tell you the truth I find this video pretty sick.... :?
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

It's pretty darn tough to own a machine gun in the U.S. Don't worry it's not like there are lots of kids running around with these things.
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

guns and civilians - dont mix.
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Thats why all law abiding folks of appropriate age are in the militia here :D (weather they realize it or not).

The point is civilians having guns keeps the government in check (or at least that's the idea). Here the government is supposed to exist to serve the people...not the other way around like the rest of the world. Now, I won't say that our government is perfect or anything like it, but its still worth working on in a civil manner. (ie getting rid of these smog equipment laws designed to promote obsolesence)

Now let me get off this soapbox

ow
MR2 Zig
Machinery Repairman Second Class Scott Zickefoose USN
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

MR2 Zig wrote:to serve the people...not the other way around like the rest of the world.

ow
MR2 Zig
Machinery Repairman Second Class Scott Zickefoose USN

WHAT!????!?!?!?!
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Mr2 Zig is correct. At the time our country was founded the architects were very concerned that the "for the people by the people" type system would spiral down into a totalitarian regime which is what they were trying to get away from in the first place. To protect against that they allowed the right to bear arms so that if the government got out of hand the people could strike back. An armed population was also thought to be important for the Milita type national defense system.

Now I can't say if this will work or not. I could argue that our current govt. is more oppresive here than King George's ever was. However a quick review of history does show that the most brutal regimes always institute very strict gun control before marching people off the the gas chambers, gulags, etc. We haven't got to that point here yet...
MALDI
Platinum
Platinum

Post by MALDI »

A heavily armed populace is also hard for a foreign force to occupy...
'84 GTV6 3.0L
'81 X1/9
Dennis
Gold
Gold

Post by Dennis »

Oh boy..........

Could we please NOT discuss politics here? Aside our own beliefs/religion/etc. we have one common passion. Let's concentrate on that.

Let's just say that most of the world doesn't agree with the US on that point.....
'81 GTV6 3.0 QV
'91 75 TS (track)
'02 BMW 330i Touring
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Mr2 Zig/Greg,

I have to agree 100% with you, I make that argument a lot, the right to bear arms was not about hunting, but protection from what the forefathers had just left, or fought to get rid of.

More of a history lesson than politics...
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

Don't worry Dennis, most of the U.S. doesn't agree this issue either. I don't think the idea of citizen gun ownership is going to be exported. Now back to the shop for more supercharging...
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

fedezyl wrote:the video is ok, but seeing that kid firing that machine gun, how sick must your mind be to take your son or daughter to a fire arm show to shoot an automatic machine gun?? I mean how psichopathic must you be? to tell you the truth I find this video pretty sick.... :?
I totally agree.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

Ok, but how many of you show or have your children participate in your hobbies or work?

That fella was a machine gun dealer (makes his money selling machine guns and parts) showing his daughter what he made his living doing. I do think it would be sick if there were people/troops downrange, but ther were not. I do think that the more people understand the detail of how bad war is the less likely we are to have wars. For some the study of history, from a book, is sufficent others may need a more hands on approach...whatever it takes so that we can resolve to get through our differences without war.

Yes, I'm in the US Navy, I'm willing to go to war. That is what I signed up for, but I well (as anyone can that hasn't been there) understand what I'm getting into. And, no, I am no punk kid either (41).

Scott